Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 09:20 AM

8 posts, read 24,692 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

We would like to spend a Holiday in your Country, We are 40-ties and our son is 9 years old, Oregon State looks very pretty on the Internet but i would like to know where on the Web can i get daily news from your region-some newspaper, radiostationstreams, pictures
We love Forests, Coast and Mountains and Oregon seems to be just perfect for us. Ist it popular to make a Walktours in your region? Ist it expensive to spend a Holiday in your State? How much costs a fly from New York to Oregon? thanks and sorry for my english..i do my best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2006, 09:32 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
Moderator cut: German

The Oregonian OregonLive.com
Portland Tribune.com
OregonHerald.com
StatesmanJournal.com (Salem, Oregon)

Also, any searching under "Oregon Tourism" should help pinpoint areas you might want to visit. Good luck

Last edited by Yac; 12-10-2006 at 11:50 AM..

Old 12-10-2006, 11:04 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,237,333 times
Since I don't speak German, I don't know what MoMark said above but we along the Oregon Coast welcome tourists. Here's an additional Road Cam site you might find interesting to check our live weather conditions throughout the State: http://www.tripcheck.com/Pages/CCentry.asp

Old 12-10-2006, 12:04 PM

85 posts, read 644,376 times
The state of Oregon's tourist site has lots of beautiful pictures and is amusing as well. You can order maps and info from them. They have many different driving trips mapped out and described.

http://www.traveloregon.com/

Old 12-10-2006, 12:22 PM

331 posts, read 1,850,941 times
Don't pass up a Dairy Queen fast food restaurant. They have the best soft serve vanilla ice cream on the planet. If you send me your email address, I will send you pictures. The best time to visit is spring, summer, or fall.

Dan

Old 12-11-2006, 08:55 AM

Thank you for all your replys,
some question are very simple i think..
is it popular for Americans to make a Holiday in Oregon?
is the water in the Pacific very cold? is it possible to swim there?
Is the Coast open area for the walkers or ist it private?
i am interest first of all in your private opinion about your state, the pictures from oregontravel looking very well but do they schow a reality
i have never been there.. so please write free about your point of you and please do not use internetslang because englisch is not my motherlanguage,thank you

Old 12-11-2006, 09:55 AM

331 posts, read 1,850,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel View Post
Thank you for all your replys,
some question are very simple i think..
is it popular for Americans to make a Holiday in Oregon? Yes, tourism is Oregon's largest industry
is the water in the Pacific very cold? It is not bath water so swimming for long periods is unlikely. Oregon rivers are a lot warmer for every activity you could imagine. is it possible to swim there?
Is the Coast open area for the walkers or ist it private? Yes, you can walk on the beachs from one end of the state to the other.
i am interest first of all in your private opinion about your state, the pictures from oregontravel looking very well but do they schow a reality What you see in the picture is what you will see when you get there.
i have never been there.. so please write free about your point of you Provide me with your email address and I will send you pictures of the coast at Brookings and Gold Beach that were taken in October.and please do not use internetslang because englisch is not my motherlanguage,thank you
You will enjoy your vacation in Oregon!

Dan

Old 12-11-2006, 02:39 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,237,333 times
Pawel, the water temperature along the Oregon Coast is about 52 degrees Farenheit. Lots of surfing done here but in wet suits. You can run in out and of the surf but your legs will turn red really fast. lol. (The tourists are the ones with the red legs).

Yes you can walk on the beach. Beaches in Oregon are not privately owned and we are pretty user friendly so there are several beach access points along the coastline. The only problem you may encounter while walking the beach coastline is during a high tide where, because we have a jagged coastline, sometimes there is no beach, just a cliff straight up. One other place might be the small protected beach just North of the Coos Bay which is a protected area for the Snowy Plover Birds nesting grounds closed to the public during certain months of the year. Other than that, come enjoy our beaches. Check out our tidepools, fly a kite, ride an ATV, pick up agates and petrified wood, dig for clams, toss a crab pot, tour one of our lighthouses. That's just some fun things we do here.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:08 PM

9 posts, read 52,480 times
Post Just an FYI

I vistied Germany for about 2 months a couple of years ago.

Just an FYI: When you come here you have to rent a car or a type of vehicle to get you everywhere. Shops and tourist attractions are not in walking distance like in Germany. Don't take the MAX, its very slow compared to the Metro in France and its takes longer then actually driving (if you know where you're going.) Unlike in Germany, the United States isn't set up where you can just drive/walk around and find something amazing. You have to have a general plan where you want to go, and there aren't as many tours (if any) at the tourist attractions. And Americans may be a tad less friendly, just because there are wayyy less tourists here, especially in Oregon.

Have fun!

Old 12-12-2006, 02:13 AM

Some next question from me:
Where the Oregonians are spending a Holidays?Summer or Winter?,
Are Oregonians proud of theirs State?
What Oregonians are do not like at all.
Is it nice to live there? or you would like to move out to another State? Which State is a "Dream State" in Americans opinion.
Are the people there sportiv?
What eat the People on X-mas there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon