Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 04:56 PM

29 posts, read 92,269 times

Advertisements

I need you help here is the deal, My wife and I are relocating to the OR. coast for a change of pace and a different environment for my two young daughters, 6 and 2. We are looking for a home first that will allow us to take care of my mother, would like a mother-n-law quarters, or something of that nature, also keepin two of our valued family members, KONA AND NIKO, two "yes" large dogs that are very well trained, and great with people and other pets. And another thing, I have a 100gal salt water fish tank that is a passion of mine and could not part with, I would be willing to but down an extra deposit for them if necessary. if your home sounds right for us please send me a e-mail with the details, Also I need helo with a new job, currently Im loan officer working for a broker, enjoy my reef tank and scuba diving, would like to do something in the diving profession, but am up for a change, let me know what you think, or if you can be of any help,

Anthony
[email mod cut]

Last edited by Waterlily; 04-04-2008 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: no emails
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 08:34 AM

103 posts, read 523,995 times
You will have better luck going through graigs list, or the south coast shopper.
Good luck

Old 04-06-2008, 12:29 PM

573 posts, read 1,452,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpacino View Post
I need you help here is the deal, My wife and I are relocating to the OR. coast for a change of pace and a different environment for my two young daughters, 6 and 2. We are looking for a home first that will allow us to take care of my mother, would like a mother-n-law quarters, or something of that nature, also keepin two of our valued family members, KONA AND NIKO, two "yes" large dogs that are very well trained, and great with people and other pets. And another thing, I have a 100gal salt water fish tank that is a passion of mine and could not part with, I would be willing to but down an extra deposit for them if necessary. if your home sounds right for us please send me a e-mail with the details, Also I need helo with a new job, currently Im loan officer working for a broker, enjoy my reef tank and scuba diving, would like to do something in the diving profession, but am up for a change, let me know what you think, or if you can be of any help,

Anthony e
[email mod cut]
Wow--------I lived in the area for years and I wish you luck as you are going to need it. I can not think of any advice for you. My husband was in the mortgage business and it is dead there. Please check things out very well before you make such a big move. Maybe, another area would be better for you. I wish you alot of luck and happiness.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:11 PM

Anyone with any experience to share good or bad, would like to know what the town has to offer a young couple, Where do you eat out at, what are your concerncs for your children, do you lock you doors, things like that, Sorry if at first it seemed like a want add but am really looking for feed back, Thank you

Old 04-14-2008, 09:27 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,049,009 times
search on the other Coos Bay threads, theres been several other people w/your same questions/concerns and others have chimed in. I know I have, and i just am too darn tired to type out my replies again Best of luck, if you dont get your questions answered, please as again or PM me, Id love to be of help.
Tiffany

Old 04-16-2008, 10:27 AM

1,457 posts, read 6,032,024 times
So are you dead-set on Coos Bay, or are you open to other coast towns like Newport or Lincoln City?

Old 04-16-2008, 06:41 PM

Thank you for responding, We are open to areas in fact we have been looking at Newport, My wife is driving up this weekend, She is going to do some scouting, so any advice would be greatly appericated,

Old 04-17-2008, 08:40 AM

12 posts, read 84,110 times
My husband grew up in the Coos Bay/North Bend area and we raised our children from birth until the oldest one graduated there. We had wanted out of Coos Bay for years but couldnt make it happen until 5 years ago. When we FINALLY were able to move to Eugene, I wanted to pinch myself the first couple of years to make sure I wasn't dreaming!
My kids had a great childhood there, but you have to really work at it to keep them out of the drug and alcohol scene. There is NOTHING for older kids to do so they usually hang out at the beach, partying. Good things going for kids.....Boys and Girls club is nice, decent skating rink.....uuuhhhmm.....Marshfield High football is fun.....(or it was when they were winning! LOL) Great sense of community revolving around sports. We left my daughters Jr year, and her friends all turned into the biggest partiers ever. I am SO thankful we got out of there! The community always raises a stink about new industries or businesses coming in, so anything that could happen to help revitalize it, is killed my dumb people. That was really aggravating to us, and it is still happening. I would never, ever return there for ANYTHING. Drugs and crime is a HUGE problem. If you want coast, Newport or Lincoln City would probably be your better option. But I honestly don't know too much about them either. Living in Eugene , the coast is only an hour away, good enough for me. :-) Best move we ever made.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:07 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,049,009 times
Im sorry you had such a time here. But its good to hear you found somewhere that you are happy in !
we've lived here for about 5 yrs now, and love it. I was so worried about the drugs/poverty level/tightknit groupies/etc. when we moved here, i was set to move out asap! but now we love it. maybe its jsut been in these last few years, but there seems to be enough for my teen and her friends to do w/keeping out of trouble. The boys and girls club expanded a teen center and they do all sorts of activites on a regular basis. Including teen nights, teen cooking classes, dances, field trips, fitness clubs, and have really started doing a lot w/community events. My girl is involved w/future leaders of america where they have had community leaders come in and spend hours talking to the kids about their jobs and how to get there, they also let the kids come to their workplace and see the jobs onsite. They have leadership programs where the older kids/teens are mentoring the grade school/jr high kids in everything from school work, to running their own fitness type programs. They just had Mrs Coos County here again, and that turn out was pretty great. They had a wonderful group of girls to choose from. Mr Bulldog just raised an amazing amount of money w/some really unique activities, and the community involvement seemed pretty intense.
I work w/several of the kids from the HS that are all Jr/Srs w/a few of the recently graduated mixed in. They are all good kids and havent had any probs keeping away from the drugs/alchohol and any out of hand partying. Im not saying they are perfect, and have never been to a party before, but they and their buddies are good trustworthy people that are making the right choices.
We've actually seen less of the hard core stuff since moving here, then we did in the CLackamas area, or what my niece is having as a HS Sr. in the Forest Grove area. Grant you, it does happen, heck, we got burglarized by some idiot punk who was 21 and on meth. A real winner of a creep. sigh. BUT, there are an awful lot of good kids out here too and we feel confident in raising our 3 kids right here.
BTW, sadly, the skating rink went away a couple years ago....its been a re-sale shop for the last 3yrs or so.
And i agree, it can be difficult for a new buisness to come in. Especially a big, well known one. LIke our HOme Depot. We were looking Sooo forward to that! But you shouldve seen the comments in the paper!! wow! It wasnt the community that was against it, appearently, from what ive read and gathered, the difficulty came from the Coquille Indian Tribe that owned the land. Darn it!
How ironic that i moved here about the same time you moved out.....thats kinda funky.
anyhow, its not for everyone, but we sure like it here.
Tiffany
ps...Newport is a beautiful area! Ive always loved it there.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:36 PM

Perferct! I thank you both for your comments, As I think anywhere you have a fear of your kids falling into the wrong crowd, but I also think the severities of these activities have alot to do with the communtity that you live in, SO to me going to a party on a beach having a little to drink or smoke, is a far cry from some of the things I had to differentiate my self from. I have read a little about there being a meth problem? Is this manily surrounding the "sorry no offence" the timber workers, or is this a huge problem for the high school? Not sure if I mentioned our ages but being 25 and 26 just wanted to know if there are alot of young couples or if what Im reading is correct and 45-50 is the avarage age????? I could be way off, but would like to get to know some younger parents. All of the things Ive been reading about kit flying, beach combing, and I love to dive, it may be a little cold but, I could catch my dinner and that sound like a wonderfull change of lifestyle, Anyone know how to get an opinion of a local youngster???? 15-20, the reason I ask is they seem to have extreamly different opnions and vary based on who they hang out with, And tend to obscured point of view that We all had at that age but is extreamly honest to them... does that make sence if not I appoligize along with my grammer and spelling, in a bit of a hurry..

THANKS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon