Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:36 AM

378 posts, read 1,570,287 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I was just thinking about the air on the coast. I was in Newport over the weekend and I visited with a gal who just moved there from the valley. One of the things we talked about was how great breathing the clean fresh ocean air is. She really feels the difference, so it got me thinking about the air. Do others feel that way too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 11:46 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,047,056 times
absoulutly!!!! My husband and I took a short hike this weekend along the beachside cliffs and we were talking about the air quality! How good it feels to breath it in deeply, its like the difference between drinking pure spring water, ice cold and coming up fresh, vs pool water. lol
feels good on the skin too when you can add the ocean mist....
Tiff

Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 AM

1,082 posts, read 4,717,391 times
I agree. It's like getting a "fix" for those of us who don't get it nearly as often as we'd like....

Old 01-11-2009, 08:35 AM

113 posts, read 719,963 times
My allergies never bother me on the coast, compared to the valley in the summer. The air quality on the coast is superb. Its like filtered clean coming off the ocean.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:46 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,542,099 times
Oh yeah. Even on those rare days when the tempature reaches 80, the air never feels stagnant.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:47 PM

hey....we had several days over 80 this summer.....

i love living here...Live along the coast is awesome IMO.
Almost no road rage is another plus. I thought that was gonna do my husband in when we lived up towards Portland. The little stuff here and there (i havent experienced much ever up there either, but he had a 3hr commute each way so more chance for him!!) drove him just BATTY. but now, theres not much traffic at all, much less people, and for the most, more people are just more laid back here too. So....another happiness.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:07 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,854,248 times
We have another nice winters' day outside. It's cool not cold and the sun is out. It's a good day to go outside and do something.The air has a fresh taste to it.
Yes I agree;The people are more laid back here on the coast.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:53 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,046,326 times
You people living on the coast are so lucky. We love our time spent running amuck on the coast, and we go as often as we can. We can feel the difference in the air, totally. I wonder if it has to do with all the salt in the air... maybe it affects the ions somehow... something to do with negative charges as opposed to being positively charged...

I love the way I feel after even a few hours spent gallivanting on the coast. This might sound gross or odd, but once we return home to Eugene after spending time on the coast... I wait as long as I can before washing our clothes and blankets or taking showers. It makes me sad to wash it off. And whatever sand I find when I finally do... in pockets... in boots... in the rolled-up cuffs of blue jeans... in hats... I pour into a jar and keep.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:23 PM

awwwww......doesnt sound gross...sounds more like you should figure out a way to come live here.
Ive always felt so much better when on the beach or alongside the cliffs. Its always calmed my soul. In times of great sorrow, the beach has always been where I headed, and given a choice of where to go for a day, THE BEACH!!! Rain or shine, it makes me feel complete. I loved living in Mulino (outskirts of Oregon City) we lived waaaayy out in the boonies w/bear for our neighbors, but even there, i felt.....well...almost clastrophobic. Never able to fully relax. Never totally content. Here, I know Im at where I need to be. We've made some sacrifices to be able to live here, but the returns are tremendous.
Its funny, so many people claim it rains here along the coast 11months out of the year....but here it is January, i took the kids to school today and it was clear skies, calm no breeze. When i walked to work, i walked in athletic pants and a light longsleeved tshirt. i had grabbed a lightweight jacket, but when I stepped outside, i turned and dropped that jacket right back indoors.
I love the weather here. More often than not, we have pretty mild days. Love it.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:50 AM

378 posts, read 1,570,287 times
Tiffela captured my thoughts exactly. Something about being by the ocean "calms my soul" too. I also lived "in the country" for many years. It had its own beauty with all the green and trees and some people thought it was heaven. I also felt claustrophobic and not complete. That nails it exactly! Not until we were blessed with the opportunity to live by the ocean. did I really discover my inner peace. I would rather live in a little house by the sea than a mansion somewhere else. If I could travel anywhere in the entire world, I am not sure that there is a place I'd rather be than on the Oregon coast. I know there are many other beautiful beaches in the world, but too many of them are crowded too. I also love the mild climate here. So many, many, many times during the year I catch myself thinking, "it's beautiful and sunny and... and if I believed what others say about our coast, this isn't supposed to be!"

Awww..Haggard, you are one of us! I loved what you wrote. I totally get how you feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon