Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 09:47 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,237,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The news today is that waves are going to be 20' at the coast by Thursday. There is a storm coming in from Alaska. Stay away from the water, folks. Watch the waves from a nice basalt outcropping.

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019...mRzNldoxD8rqeg
….along with a week's worth of rain coming, most of us will probably be watching from our vehicles.
No umbrellas allowed/lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 11:13 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
….along with a week's worth of rain coming, most of us will probably be watching from our vehicles.
No umbrellas allowed/lol.
You can always rent a US Coast Guard mil spec umbrella good to 100 knots.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:40 PM

317 posts, read 308,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
OMG!!! THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, i finished up some stuff early today, and had a few hours before needing to be at work. It was another beautiful day here, tshirt weather baby!!! and I had such an urge to go and destress by spending a bit of time at the beach. I headed up to my fav. spot, up along the cliffs where I can feel like Im the only soul for miles and miles. So I get there and its like something out of a movie. Perfect weather. I had expected a breeze, so had brought a sweatshirt. Didnt need it. It was barley blowing enough to ruffle my hair. Clear blue skies and I got a bit of color on my face from the sun. It was so incredibly clear, I cant even tell you! You could see the sanddunes up North!!! (for those of you who live around here, you'll totally know what I mean) WAY out on the horizon, you could spot teeny tiny pinpoints that were boats and barges. So I lay my sweatshirt down on the cliffs that jut out and lay on it, and stared down into the water crashing directly below me. Its so surreal! I felt like a bird up in a perch. (bout 100ft above the water is where I was) Man, what a view. So, the water was SO clear today, it was amazing! I could actually see the different plant life way below the water, and had a fun time watching a little bird float around, then drop in suddenly and swim furiously under water. I could SEE him under there! So cool. Then, something caught my eye, it was a seal under the water too!!! I watched him swim deep underneith until he went into some underwater cave or something. So I sat up, and suddenly saw....WHALES spouting!!! So i got all excited about that, then, they mustve been frisky or something, because you could see their backs and they rose up, and I was treated to some terrific tail splashes!! Im all excited by now, then, get this.....one JUMPED!!!! OUT OF THE WATER!!! OMG!!!! It was one of the most amazing things ive ever seen in my life! And lemme tell ya, it was a good thing i was alone up on these cliffs, cuz i mustve looked like a fool. I was so excited I was jumping up and down, pumping my fist shouting "YYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" lol It was like being in Free Willy or something, only much cooler, cuz this was utterly real! So amazing! He just like leaped out, and crashed down and there was a huge splash, but omg....i cant even describe it, it really was like something youd see in a movie or documentery, but it was right there, so close and all real. And hey, i didnt even have to pay a dime to see it all. Its there for me anytime I want.
THAT my friends, is a heck of a plus for living along the Oregon coast.
This post put a smile on my face. I can just envision them jumping and fist pumping.
I'm just the opposite, if seeing that, I'd probably just quietly say to myself "oh, cool", but inside I'd be jumping and fist pumping and doing cartwheels all over the place. I wonder if they're still on the coast - haven't posted in over 9 years.

Old 10-31-2019, 12:24 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,455,954 times
To be honest, this sounds like dreamy fiction by some person that spent a very lucky summer day on the far southern coast.
Not saying it didn't happen, but just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon