Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2010, 08:24 AM

3 posts, read 22,397 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We live in Winter Garden (near Metrowest/Ocoee/Orlando).

We moved couple months back, and we're not getting any shopping flyers. How can we get these delivered to our house? Please HELP!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 08:39 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
they automadically come in the mail/news paper for me. It not like you need to individually order them.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:41 AM

32 posts, read 76,983 times
Ha I will send you mine!! I get so much. If there are cetain stores you want go on their website and see if you can be on their mailing list

Old 07-04-2010, 10:21 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,585 times
When I first got here, I was getting the Orlando Sentinel "Express Edition" for free in the mail (junk mail) on Wednesdays. But it wasn't steadily coming every week. I got the first one in a while this past week. If you want to consistently get sales papers, you will need to subscribe to the newspaper. If you just do Sundays, they will eventually send you Wednesday through Saturday for "free." (The ploy behind that is that you will expand your next subscription to include Wed-Sat. When you do that, you will eventually get Mon-Tues for "free" for the same reasons. The Wednesday-Sunday papers, which are the days all the stores put their ads in the paper, is about $25 for 13 weeks. You can also just go to the stores' websites and read the circulars there. If you are a couponer, go to southernsavers.com.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:24 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
IT's all done by zip code depending on what the ADVO/Red Plum advertisers decide they want to deliver to you. If your neighbors aren't getting it either, there's not much you can do. If the neighbors are getting it and you aren't call the postmaster.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:09 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
You can also contact the store. I know at Albertson's, if you go to the service desk, they will take down your info and make sure you get one.

Also, talk to your postman.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:41 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
When I first got here, I was getting the Orlando Sentinel "Express Edition" for free in the mail (junk mail) on Wednesdays. But it wasn't steadily coming every week. I got the first one in a while this past week. If you want to consistently get sales papers, you will need to subscribe to the newspaper. If you just do Sundays, they will eventually send you Wednesday through Saturday for "free." (The ploy behind that is that you will expand your next subscription to include Wed-Sat. When you do that, you will eventually get Mon-Tues for "free" for the same reasons. The Wednesday-Sunday papers, which are the days all the stores put their ads in the paper, is about $25 for 13 weeks. You can also just go to the stores' websites and read the circulars there. If you are a couponer, go to southernsavers.com.
The free papers added to a person's subscription really aren't designed just to get someone to increase their subscription days later. It is done to boost circulation figures for advertisement revenue. The Wed-Sun is $19.....Sunday only $14. BUT, with the new Sunday Select advertising package, all the coupons should be in the Sunday delivery (as well as many are still in the Wednesday delivery.)

The coupons ads mailed on Wed are done by zip code. I'm not sure why some zips get them and some don't. Even among the Sentinel employees, some of us get them and some of us don't. They seem to send them out more to areas that don't get the paper.

That is all I know. Feel free to send me a message if you have any other questions.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:23 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,578,168 times
I used to get them religiously. Then it suddenly changed to never, so I contacted the postmaster to complain. He spoke to my mailman, and the mailman said that he wasn't getting enough for everybody so he was only putting them in the mailboxes at the beginning of his route. Since I was near the end of his route, he ran out before I'd get one. The postmaster told him to be fair and alternate placing the circulars at the beginning and end of his route every other week so that everybody could at least get one circular every other week. However, I contacted the stores (Albertson's, which was in my area at the time, and also Publix) to get them to send me circulars themselves, and I also signed up with Red Plum (you can easily find their website online) for the other coupon deals that typically come in the mail. That solved my problem once and for all!

Old 11-23-2016, 06:44 AM

1 posts, read 4,525 times
We have recently moved back to Eustis. Our Community has the Go Shopping Orlando flyers delivered except the Circle we live on. Who do I contact for delivery?

Old 11-23-2016, 08:26 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
You can have mine lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando