Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 11:31 AM

5 posts, read 34,290 times

Advertisements

How is the area of Deltona, zip code 32725 or 32738. Is it a nice and is it safe? Any input would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 01:59 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,195,031 times
There has been a lot of discussion on Deltona - do a search on this site and you should find what you are looking for.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:48 PM

6 posts, read 47,380 times
Default Deltona

Before moving to Deltona consider:

Housing costs will be cheaper tha Metro Orlando,but because of this fact alot of younger minority families tend to live in the area.

Deltona was a planned community-planned for largely residential use and has few decent shopping areas compared to Orlando/Daytona.

While you will save $ in housing costs,you will probably lose the savings in fuel usage since you will most likely commute to the employment centers of Orlando or Daytona.

The traffic heading south to Orlando in the a.m. rush is HORRENDOUS.

Not to be all doom and gloom,If you work from home it could be great.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:14 AM

1,683 posts, read 8,214,739 times
Deltona doesn't have the best reputation in the area. It is known for high crime and bad schools - unless there has been some recent change. I have friends there and when our property values were going through the roof, they had their home assessed to refinance and their value had barely risen. They were very disappointed.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:06 PM

5 posts, read 34,290 times
Default thank you

Thank you for the input.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:07 AM

21 posts, read 217,547 times
I think it definitely depends on the area in Deltona (just like any other city). There is a sub-division called "Arbor Ridge" which is at Howland BLVD + Loblolly Drive which is a pretty nice area. It looks nothing like the rest of Deltona.

Old 07-22-2007, 01:42 PM

2 posts, read 13,707 times
Default Deltona, Fl

I just recently moved to Deltona from Findlay, OH. I am very disapointed. As we got settled in we have discovered there are no public swimming pools and absolutly nothing for kids to do in this area. I am very concerned about this as I am a mother of four children. Deltona is the largest city in this county but, yet the town itself has nothing. We could not even find a movie theater or an American restaraunt such as, Outback Steakhouse, Ruby Tuesdays, or Applebees. My children and I have been extremly bored since we have relocated from a town that has less people but tons more to do!

Old 07-23-2007, 08:21 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,195,031 times
Now, come on. Nothing to do in Deltona? It's part of Greator Orlando. All you need to do is drive a few miles to Lake Mary, Sanford, and Debary. Or about 18 miles to Orlando. And, don't forget, New Smyrna beach is only about a 30 minute drive for you. People move to Deltona because it's a little cheaper and it's a little more rural. It's not like your living in Yankeetown Florida.

Isn't Daytona Beach the Largest city in Volusia County; or perhaps Deland - I'm pretty sure that it's not Deltona.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:23 AM

21 posts, read 217,547 times
I find it pretty amazing that you moved to Deltona before doing ANY research on what the city is like. Shouldn't that be one of the first things you do? Like Prichard said, its part of Greater Orlando, you are minutes away from cities with lots of restaurants and entertainment.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:10 PM

7 posts, read 31,482 times
Default activities in Deltona

The public library has many activities for children; there is an arts center on Deltona Blvd that has concerts; there is a skate board park; there is a dog park; there is a YMCA; many churches offer Vacation Bible School. Also little league sports teams are available.
Eateries are a few minutes away in Orange City along Saxon Blvd & I-4:
Applebees, Olive Garden, Arby's, El Rancherito (best Mexican food).
Actually Deltona has Beef O'Brady's (very nice family restaurant w/ big screen TV's) and a new Wendy's;
Deltona has bus service around most areas of the city, except the southern-most Doyle Road area.
One problem with Deltona is employment opportunities are few, unless you work at a bank, grocery store, nail salon, pharmacy or fast-food restaurant.
There is a hospital in Orange City for medical professionals and many doctors and dentists in the area. The county caters to the tourist industry, and jobs are available in motels, airports, and condo/timeshare complexes. Check out Florida Pennysavers - they have lots of employment ads.

Last edited by hennipenni; 07-24-2007 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: double check url for Pennysaver
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando