Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 11:40 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,270,957 times

Advertisements

Well since I survived layoffs, I decided to take a trip with my girlfriend to Orlando. We have a good idea about the places we want to visit, but I have 2 subjects that I think I need to ask native Orlandians:

1) Halloween Horror nights - I am a big Halloween nut. Does this get really crowded? What type of crowd does it attract?

2) Upscale place for dinner or show - While we are there, we both want to dress up one night and look nice. What are some upscale restaurants or places to enjoy a show? Actually anything would work. Jazz, piano, etc. I am just not into clubs. Any ideas?

thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 05:57 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,749,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
1) Halloween Horror nights - I am a big Halloween nut. Does this get really crowded? What type of crowd does it attract?
Yes...HHN can get really crowded especially on a Friday or Saturday night. 2-3 hour waits for the houses are not uncommon.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:33 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,055,460 times
Quote:
Well since I survived layoffs, I decided to take a trip with my girlfriend to Orlando. We have a good idea about the places we want to visit, but I have 2 subjects that I think I need to ask native Orlandians:

2) Upscale place for dinner or show - While we are there, we both want to dress up one night and look nice. What are some upscale restaurants or places to enjoy a show? Actually anything would work. Jazz, piano, etc. I am just not into clubs. Any ideas?

thanks in advance!
1. Friday and Saturday nights are crowded, but if you can afford it, the very expensive Express Pass will allow you to see every house easily in 1 night. The event is awesome and does live up to the hype. Crowd is varied...you will see everything from families to gangster wannabes.

2. For upscale restaurants, there are a few upscale chophouses and seafood places to consider. The best steakhouse is Kres in downtown Orlando, but it is small and right in the heart of clubland...you mentioned you didn't care for that atmosphere. Check out The Oceanaire and Ocean Prime which are upscale seafood/steakhouses in the tourism area. Ocean Prime is very swanky and has low-key live music in the bar/lounge area which I read is excellent. Vines Grille and Wine Bar also has live jazz which is in the same area.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:45 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
For dining experience with a "show" you may want to try Cuba Libre's or Opa in Pointe Orlando. Cuba Libre has live music and great cuban food. Opa has bellydancing and Mediterranean cuisine. Dueling Pianos and BB Kings are bar/restaurant but they offer great live music. For what its worth they're more of sit down table bar, than a packed nightclub type atmosphere.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:25 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,270,957 times
Thanks for the advice. I found the Halloween Horror nights express pass online, and yes it is quite expensive. But since we are coming from Tx I think we are gonna go for it. I'd hate to travel all that way and get stuck in lines. This place is on my personal bucket list

All the restaurant suggestions sound perfect, so I'll have to take some time and whittle it down to 1. Appreciate the help!

Old 09-28-2010, 11:33 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,055,460 times
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I found the Halloween Horror nights express pass online, and yes it is quite expensive. But since we are coming from Tx I think we are gonna go for it. I'd hate to travel all that way and get stuck in lines. This place is on my personal bucket list

All the restaurant suggestions sound perfect, so I'll have to take some time and whittle it down to 1. Appreciate the help!
Good call on the Express Pass...especially if you are coming later in October the waits will be long and exhausting. The Express Pass will let you get in every house and go back for seconds if you wanted, not to mention get some rides in while you are there like Revenge of the Mummy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando