Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 11:47 AM

43 posts, read 94,030 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at homes in Orlando and I've seen some beautiful homes in the Boggy Creek area for under $100,000.00. Is that a bad area because the homes look really nice and well maintained. I know the pictures can be deceiving and once I get down there I might be scared off but I would appreciate your comments. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 08:07 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
It really depends on where in Boggy Creek you are talking about. Its quite a general area. There is a Boggy Creek area in both Orange and Osceola Counties. Boggy Creek Road starts at McCoy Road west of the Airport and continues to Kissimmee and ends at US 192

Orange County's southern section Boggy Creek has developed quickly over the last ten years and has some very nice and new homes there. Further south of 417 towards the Orange/Osceola line its more rural, and as you continue south towards Osceola Parkway and the Buenaventura Lakes area it becomes more suburban and developed, the homes of BVL date back to the 1970s depending on wher you are.

The northern section of Orange's Boggy Creek is an area called Southport which is older and more affordable but a bit more sketchy. Its really not convenient to any grocery store or amenities of any kind

BVL (Buenaventura Lakes) can be a bit sketchy in the older sections near Osceola Parkway and along Buenaventura Blvd. Further to the east around Waters Edge Drive (where I used to live) its more maintained and help up better, and some areas are newer the further to the east

Boggy Creek continues to the south and eventually to the west towards 192 on the cusp of Kissimmee and St Cloud. The Lakeside area is relatively a nice area, there are a few decent apartment complexes along that stretch of Boggy Creek as well

Nothing really wrong with the Boggy Creek area, it just depends on the area of it that you buy. I personally recommend some of the newer sections of Boggy Creek along J Lawson Blvd and Windham Lakes Blvd, these are brand new areas and are convenient to the booming Lake Nona area. Also there is a nice newer yet affordable area called Wetherbee Estates near Boggy Creek and Wetherbee Roads. I lived there for a short while and enjoyed it.

Good luck to you. DM me if youd like any more information or advice. Id be glad to help

Old 11-03-2010, 06:12 AM

I guess I was more concerned with gangs and stuff like that. I also read the Orlando has the most sex offenders, I'm hoping that was incorrect.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:24 AM

793 posts, read 2,523,998 times
Spend a good amount of my time in the area, about 2 days a week with or for buyers and I also would focus on the section near Lake Nona as big changes are on the way for the area due to the Medical City impact.

There are websites like FDLE for searching offenders - - Florida Department of Law Enforcement

Hope this helps,

Old 11-03-2010, 08:28 AM

I'm from Chicago and I've been bascially looking at 32824 and 32837. From what I've seen those look like pretty decent areas.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:00 AM

793 posts, read 2,523,998 times
Yes the HUNTERS CREEK, WYNDHAM LAKES areas are nice areas.

Hope this helps,

Old 11-03-2010, 09:08 AM

I have an Orlando map, can you tell me where those areas are apppoximately? I don't understand, there are so many really nice homes in the Boggy Creek area (under 100K) that I thought it must me a bad area.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:00 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn71092 View Post
I'm from Chicago and I've been bascially looking at 32824 and 32837. From what I've seen those look like pretty decent areas.
I have lived in BOTH of those zip codes from 2005-2010. There really isnt a big problem with gangs in either one of those areas. Both zips are big areas that developed over a LONG time. Some homes are as much as 30 or 40 years old while some other developments aren't even fully built out yet (Wyndham Lakes is not done) I attended and graduated from Freedom High School in 2008 the school is in 32837 and it is a great school

Along Landstar Blvd between Fairway Woods and Town Center Blvds in the 32824 zip, the homes are older and there is no HOA. Not a bad thing but the homes are not as well kept as homes with HOAs in Hunters Creek. Along Landstar between Town Center and the Osceola County line the homes are nicer and newer. And the further you go along Rhode Island Woods Circle you will find some BEAUTIFUL homes on the southern end. Meadow Woods is a mix of old homes from the early 1980s and new homes built as late as this year...depending on where you buy. The oldest area in 32824 is Taft which is along Orange Avenue near 528. Its a very old run down area surrounded by industrial complexes. Not a lot of crime there, just old and run down. There are also some very nice homes along Wetherbee Road in South Chase. Thats 32824 in a nutshell

In 32837 a majority if not all the major home developments are off either John Young Parkway or Orange Blossom Trail. Ill start from the furthest north and work my way south. Sky Lake South (aka Waterbridge) was built in the 1970s and 80s. The homes closer to OBT are older and not as well kept but no major problems in the areas. Next is Whisper Lakes (where I last lived) most of these homes were built in the mid to late 80s and have strong HOAs and the homes are kept up very well. Then there is Ginger Mill and Pepper Mill. These were built in the early 80s and are kept nice, but there is no HOA. Further to the south is Deerfield (lived here) was built in the mid 1990s and has some homes ranging from small 3 bedrooms to large mini mansions, very well kept and very naturally beautiful area. Last but DEFINITELY not least is Hunter's Creek. It started in the late 80s and was built out completely 2 years ago. Its a master planned community with a HUGE golf course and like Deerfield, homes range from moderate to extravagant. Lots of nice APT and condo complexes as well and VERY convenient to shopping, the parks, and the airport. All via the 417 It may be one of Orlando's most prime locations

Old 11-04-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I have lived in BOTH of those zip codes from 2005-2010. There really isnt a big problem with gangs in either one of those areas. Both zips are big areas that developed over a LONG time. Some homes are as much as 30 or 40 years old while some other developments aren't even fully built out yet (Wyndham Lakes is not done) I attended and graduated from Freedom High School in 2008 the school is in 32837 and it is a great school

Along Landstar Blvd between Fairway Woods and Town Center Blvds in the 32824 zip, the homes are older and there is no HOA. Not a bad thing but the homes are not as well kept as homes with HOAs in Hunters Creek. Along Landstar between Town Center and the Osceola County line the homes are nicer and newer. And the further you go along Rhode Island Woods Circle you will find some BEAUTIFUL homes on the southern end. Meadow Woods is a mix of old homes from the early 1980s and new homes built as late as this year...depending on where you buy. The oldest area in 32824 is Taft which is along Orange Avenue near 528. Its a very old run down area surrounded by industrial complexes. Not a lot of crime there, just old and run down. There are also some very nice homes along Wetherbee Road in South Chase. Thats 32824 in a nutshell

In 32837 a majority if not all the major home developments are off either John Young Parkway or Orange Blossom Trail. Ill start from the furthest north and work my way south. Sky Lake South (aka Waterbridge) was built in the 1970s and 80s. The homes closer to OBT are older and not as well kept but no major problems in the areas. Next is Whisper Lakes (where I last lived) most of these homes were built in the mid to late 80s and have strong HOAs and the homes are kept up very well. Then there is Ginger Mill and Pepper Mill. These were built in the early 80s and are kept nice, but there is no HOA. Further to the south is Deerfield (lived here) was built in the mid 1990s and has some homes ranging from small 3 bedrooms to large mini mansions, very well kept and very naturally beautiful area. Last but DEFINITELY not least is Hunter's Creek. It started in the late 80s and was built out completely 2 years ago. Its a master planned community with a HUGE golf course and like Deerfield, homes range from moderate to extravagant. Lots of nice APT and condo complexes as well and VERY convenient to shopping, the parks, and the airport. All via the 417 It may be one of Orlando's most prime locations

Wow, that is ssooo helpful.
Thanks so much!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2010, 11:56 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,179 times
If my family weren't all on the far north side of the metro including my fiancée's job in Altamonte, I'd be looking in an area like Boggy Creek/Nona. Can't beat the price, can't beat the proximity, and really that area is about to change drastically so it also would be a fantastic mid-long term investment. However, it is the epitome of suburban sprawl so depending on where in Chicagoland you're from, and of course what you want in your new neighborhood, you might want to rent short term and check out all of Central Florida. The COL is lower here than in IL and even the more walkable and urban areas of the Orlando metro will seem like a bargain. Best wishes and good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando