Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:47 AM

15 posts, read 27,366 times

Advertisements

Come on now, you and I both know she doesn't pay any taxes. She said it herself she uses her tax refund to help pay for the vacations and I'm sure she isn't overpaying the government the warrant that refund. Instead she is getting EIC for the children and such. What is it this year? 2-3k per kid.

She claims to be in the nursing field... my advise to her, skip all the dumb stuff and go right to becoming an LPN and then RN. Your salary will easily double and you could move anywhere and find a job.

Now, back to work...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 08:59 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckRman2 View Post
Come on now, you and I both know she doesn't pay any taxes. She said it herself she uses her tax refund to help pay for the vacations and I'm sure she isn't overpaying the government the warrant that refund. Instead she is getting EIC for the children and such. What is it this year? 2-3k per kid.

She claims to be in the nursing field... my advise to her, skip all the dumb stuff and go right to becoming an LPN and then RN. Your salary will easily double and you could move anywhere and find a job.

Now, back to work...
Well she never said she pays nothing in taxes but even if that were true, it would put her in the same category as some of the wealthiest corporations as well. I'd much rather let the little guy who needs the break to get it rather than the company that makes insane profits while paying terrible wages and no benefits. Maybe she'd love to be an RN but can't afford to go back to school, maybe not. Again, let's stick to the OP's question.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:58 PM

96 posts, read 187,033 times
Wow is it me or WreckRman2 is a very bitter person.... No wonder.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:55 AM

910 posts, read 2,331,738 times
I'm a transplant from the Chicago area, and I'll be moving back to Chicago next year after 13 years here. There are some good (not great, but good) FL-resident discounts with the theme parks which we took advantage of when we were down here, no state income tax helps, but not everything is cheap. Groceries are just as or even more expensive than up north. The longer I stayed here, the longer I realized I missed the four seasons, including the cold. People up north always say they are tired of the cold weather and that's because they've had winter for about four months, but they never complain about the spring, summer, or fall. But imagine having heat and humidity 9 months out of the year. And, you will build up allergies, trust me, you will, as there is a higher collection of dust, pollen, and mold, which gets circulated and re-circulated because there is no deep freeze to kill the bad stuff and wash it all away in the spring. Almost everyone I work with who moved down here from the north said they never had allergies this bad until moving down here. So be prepared for allergy medications to be part of your regular diet. You will have fun and enjoy the warmth your first few years here, as well as enjoying the theme parks while your kids are young, but I been there and done that and when it boils down to it, I never called central Florida my home despite how long I stayed down here. So good luck and hope you like it here, but I wouldn't be surprised if you missed Chicago as time goes by. Oh by the way, I haven't even talked about the people, but I've said enough in my time in this forum, just search my posts and read them over, I found that Foxworthy's post above is wordly advice...but again, that's just our opinions based on personal experience, you will have to live it through it and find out for yourself. Good luck.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:52 AM

50 posts, read 95,803 times
Looks like someone needs to re-read my original post.
1) I never said I was in the nursing field. I work for a major medical facility.
2) contrary to what you THINK, I have not received EITC in about 4 years. I made the reference to paying for the passes at tax time b/c that is usually when I have extra money. As most people that work and receive any kind of refund. Since you really must know, the LARGEST refund I have received in the last 4 years has been $900. SO you sir are misunderstanding my post. And since you must know, the father of my child happens to be financially, emotionally and physically responsible for her and he pays 80% of the cost of her to attend a private school. Just to further inform you, I have to report ALL income to the housing authority so your comment about me defrauding the government is FALSE. I have NOTHING to hide. You should educate yourself a little further about government funded programs. I will not disagree with you that there are some people that take advantage of the government and defraud the programs. I pay taxes just like every other person on the planet that works. BEFORE I even get to LOOK at my paycheck, the FEDERAL and STATE GOVERNMENT have already taken a chunk of it. I claim ZERO exemptions on my W4's just so the government can't say I owe them anything. If the government didn't take anything from my paycheck, I would be able to afford to live anywhere I wanted. As would so many other people. MY tax dollars are going to some programs that I don't agree with also. Some of MY tax dollars went to the big 710 BILLION dollars banking industry bail out. Did you complain about the recipients of those funds. How about all the tax dollars that was WASTED looking for weapons of mass destruction? EVERY pay period I pay Social Security tax and I may never be able to collect all (or ANY) of the money I have paid into it.. I did not make the rules or create the formulas for the housing subsidy program. ALL I did was fill out an application and submit the required documentation that was required of me. I am going to pray for you to have understanding. And perhaps you're in need of a good LAY. That I cannot help you with, but you with all the negative typing that you have done, I am sure that you have more than enough strength in ONE of your hands to choke your WORM.... Have a great day.....

Old 04-14-2011, 11:53 AM

I don't receive WIC or Food Stamps.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:58 AM

HOW did you get the impression that I don't work hard?????????? While I do not operate heavy equipment or dangerous machinery, I work just as hard as the next person that punches a time clock for a living.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:20 PM

WreckRman2 ---My vehicle is a newer model, but my grandmother LOANED (yes I have to repay her) me the down payment. I needed a more reliable vehicle to get to work. Chicago winters are brutal and the previous car had stalled on me more than enough times to warrant the purchase. I shop in THRIFT stores. I have been very fortunate to find some WONDERFUL bargains..... Some of the clothes are fancy. I cannot tell you how many items I have purchased at the THRIFT stores that still have their original price tag on them. You just cannot beat paying $5 for a pair of $150 shoes.. I also shop estate sales... I would love to lie and say I live high off the welfare hog. Fact of the matter is, I don't. I have to watch my spending just like everyone else. I am in college furthering my education so That I can INCREASE my chances of obtaining a promotion there by INCREASING my income.
I shop thrift and discount stores for bargains.
I have limited out movie outings to HARRY POTTER premieres (don't know what we're gonna do when the last installment comes out later this year.)
I buy my groceries at ALDI's.
I take my lunch to work.
I get a $15 haircut at a beauty college ONCE A MONTH...
I do my own manicures and pedicures.
With the exception of my car, the largest purchase I have made in the past THREE years has been a new TV. I took advantage of the BLACK FRIDAY sale at Walmart and I saved for SEVERAL months to make that purchase.

WreckRman2... I think you need a HUG, A lay and a ROLE MODEL.... Your perception of welfare recipients is way off... NOT every person receiving assistance from the government is defrauding it. Hugs and kisses to you sweetie...

Old 05-05-2012, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 553 times
i would like to say make sure where you live because once you find a housing authority that absorbs your voucher, it may be hard for you to move out of that county as well as they are not honest either, you may end up on the street or them not paying your rent due to bocus reasons to get u to move because they messed up and it runs down hill to the tenant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando