Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:46 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times

Advertisements

Has anybody else in the Orlando area noticed that their rates have gone up? I called today and they told me that because there are so many accidents in FL and involving bodily injury the rates have gone up. My policy has gone up over $200 for a 6 month policy. I pay $1500 every 6 months for 3 older cars. (2, 1999 and 1, 1981) My son is on the insurance and he is 17. I had to drop my uninsured motorist because it's so expensive so that's not even included in the $1500. (I know, not a good idea) We all have clean driving records. My son gets the good student discount. We have excellent credit and college degrees.

I've called around but haven't found any better quotes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 01:52 PM

157 posts, read 332,604 times
Yup, my aunt has Allstate as well, and had the same issue, she switched to Geico last month

Old 03-17-2011, 02:37 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
I wish the cops would do what they do in other states. No insurance, the car gets impounded.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:13 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
I just don't get why I should have to pay for uninsured motorisits or because there have been alot of accidents in FL. I wasn't in an accident. The motorist who was in the accident ends up with an increase on their insurance. Why do I also get an increase?

Old 03-17-2011, 10:11 PM

200 posts, read 538,518 times
Don't you think all those Morgan and Morgan commercials have something to do with the rate increases? LOL

Keep shopping around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I wish the cops would do what they do in other states. No insurance, the car gets impounded.
Official Website Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
link says auto insurers have to report canceled policies to the DMV. So those who didn't pay, get their insurance canceled, and those people may have their license suspended. And if someone is driving with a suspended license and gets pulled over... the car may be impounded.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:43 PM

174 posts, read 455,308 times
We have it rolled in with our homeowners so it hasn't gone up, but good to know so we can keep a look out for it.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:47 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,751,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I just don't get why I should have to pay for uninsured motorisits or because there have been alot of accidents in FL. I wasn't in an accident. The motorist who was in the accident ends up with an increase on their insurance. Why do I also get an increase?
I don't believe uninsured is required in FL. You have to have PIP. Collision if you have a lease or a car payment.

A friend of mine who has Liberty Mutual was told his rate was going up because people on his side of town get into a lot of accidents.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:50 PM

Auto insurance rates are going up in Florida because of the rampant fraud and/or exaggerated Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claims. You can partially thank TV lawyers and the phone number based referral services that you see on the billboards and urban radio for this. Regardless of who is at fault in an accident, YOUR insurance must pay the first $10,000 in medical and lost wages.

Florida is number 1 in the country for staged accidents. Miami, Tampa, and Orlando fight it out for the top city in the country.

I was in an accident a few months ago and have been reading up a lot about this stuff. Be careful on those roads.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:02 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,176,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Actually I think Allstate has the policy that the first accident you have does not increase the amount you pay. They forgive the first one. So that means the money has to come from some where if the person who had the accident was the cause of the accident.

Allstate has always been a little higher than some of our friends have with other companies, but they are good if you are in an accident. You actually talk to your agents and they stay involved. It is not just an 800 number to call.

Some how we still havve just a $100 deductible. We have 2 cars 2003 and 2004, 3 drivers on the policy( went down when son turned 26) so it is in the $1200 area for the 6 months. It just came down about $40 because we moved to another area of town.....thinking maybe not as much theft or vandalizing in this area or maybe just because I am closer to work.
Another thing to check is your credit rating because that can make policies go up if your rating has changed.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Another thing to check is your credit rating because that can make policies go up if your rating has changed.

The biggest scam of all, the FICO score... It's sad that auto insurance companies use this to rate whether you will be a good driver.

Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off. Go into debt, pay it off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando