Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2007, 01:15 PM

396 posts, read 1,631,067 times

Advertisements

We are bringing our kids to Orlando in September and were wondering....how many days do you really need to see/do Universal? We've been to Orlando a dozen times and haven't ever made it to this park. One or two days is what I'm planning for. Plus...is it worth staying on site to use the "skip the line" policy at Universal? Any insider info is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 03:10 PM

69 posts, read 443,549 times
One day in each park should be enough I think. I don't know if it's worth staying on site just to get the express pass, but it might be more fun. You stay at the on-site hotel, ride the little ferry to get to the park, that's nice. It certainly beats getting out of your hotel, driving your car to the park, walking a good 20 minutes from the parking lot to the entrance...You get the idea.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:32 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,858 times
Two days would do fine,if you're going in September the waits aren't as bad as during the summer or busier times so the Front of the line perk for staying onsite would always be great but not as necessary.Their hotels are very nice although usually pretty pricey,but call and check to see if they have any deals.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:03 AM

35 posts, read 313,997 times
I agree you can usually plan to spend 1 day at each park in September this includes all the Universal and Disney Parks. The lines are typically pretty short during this period.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:49 PM

18 posts, read 138,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indraman View Post
We are bringing our kids to Orlando in September and were wondering....how many days do you really need to see/do Universal? We've been to Orlando a dozen times and haven't ever made it to this park. One or two days is what I'm planning for. Plus...is it worth staying on site to use the "skip the line" policy at Universal? Any insider info is greatly appreciated.
I have annual passes and visit the park frequently. In September, if you will be there over the weekdays, you should get pretty short lines. My husband took some friends last Sept. on a thurs. and they rode everything twice with minimal waits. If you're going over the weekend, well you'll have more locals like me to deal with - expect around a 30 min. wait max for the popular rides then.

They have an Express pass available to purchase without having to stay at the resort. Like others have said, the resorts are amazing but pricey - so that's up to you.

Basically, 2 days should be plenty. I would go for the park hopper ticket just in case you missed a big ride at the other park on the previous day. Also, CityWalk is a lot of fun, but costs extra after about 8PM. Great restaurants there. Have Fun!!

Old 07-31-2007, 09:15 PM

8 posts, read 65,082 times
One day should be more than enough for either park, that is Universal Studios one day and Island of Adventure another day, trying to do it both in one day is possible but not in high season. www.MoveNowToFlorida.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: