Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 05:49 PM

36 posts, read 73,099 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have an opinion on Tivoli Gardens townhomes in Vista Park? I found plenty of information on Pinecastle bombing range and the history of that chaos, but not one opinion on Tivoli Gardens. I guess because it's such a small development. Any info is appreciated!

A possible purchaser....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 12:33 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,061,482 times
Is that in a nice area?? I just googled it because I read your thread and it appears to have alot of townhomes for sale. Some very nice. I am now interested....what part of Orlando is this located in? What is the Pinecastle Bombing range that you mentioned??

Old 10-08-2010, 12:35 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,061,482 times
I just googled it and answered my own question LOL

Old 10-08-2010, 01:20 AM

It does look nice and although that Pinecastle range seemed to be an issue, in one way it will keep the mini-malls from popping up. LOL Seems like there is easy access to the beach, airport, etc...
Hopefully someone that knows about that neighborhood will chime in.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:31 PM

266 posts, read 1,161,752 times
I live in the general area and it is very nice. I have no problem believing there are quite a few townhomes on the market - some because of foreclosures, some due to over-building during the "boom." From what I have seen, you can get some really nice homes relatively inexpensively. Unless you particularly want a townhome (and the additional maintenance fees that come with it), I would suggest you take a look at some of the single family homes in the area. Again - lots of house - low cost.

IMO, the PC jeep range issue was largely blown out of proportion. I have done a lot of digging in my yard, installed a pool, planted bushes, layed sod....no problem. Oh, sorry....I did dig up an old coke can - left by the builders!

You are correct about access roads....you are 15 minutes from OIA, and would find yourself VERY close to the 417, the 408 (to downtown Orlando), the 528 (Cocoa to OIA to I4), and many other major arteries. Almost all amenities are within minutes....

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:26 AM

Default Thanx Brasstec

We put an offer on a short sale in tivoli gardens and it was accepted....I've been studying south and east Orlando since January and came down in august. At that time I looked at hunters creek, but tivoli gardens caught my eye. I'll have more questions I'm sure! I'll be coming down in December (from NJ) to put in appliance after we close. Any recommendations on a local appliance store or are there the big box hardware stores around there?

Thanx
Blanca

Old 10-10-2010, 08:30 AM

P.s. Also lived in satellite beach about 10 years ago, and actually prefer Orlando to the beach side. Need too much sunscreen! Lol

Old 10-11-2010, 07:38 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,210,004 times
It is a beautiful area..new, very clean and well-maintained/landscaped. It should be an up and coming area with the medical city coming in just a few miles south. There are a number of basic shopping places such as CVS, Walgreens, 2 Publix stores, Home Depot, Kohls, Staples, Dollar Tree, Party City, etc. very close. I understand there are plans for a new mall to be built on Narcoossee as well.

I have heard nothing about the Pinecastle Jeep Range issue in a long while. The Army Corps of Engineers did their searching/testing and issued certificates for homeowners in the area a couple of years ago. The media blew it way out of proportion as usual.

Restaurants are a little more limited with only 1 fast food/hamburger joint - McDonalds in front of Home Depot which stays busy day and night. There are a couple of sub shop and pizza shops, a couple of Chinese take out places, an excellent Japanese restaurant and one of the BEST mom and pop Italian restaurants. Going south towards Lake Nona, will find a few more restaurant options.

All in all, I LOVE the area. I HATE driving through Winter Park/Maitland where I used to live. I forget how bad the traffic is there - we have wide roads and just don't have to deal with much congestion here. I also love all the wildlife in the area - from cows grazing in the pasture by the Middle School to wild turkey and deer in my yard!

We go to the beach often - just hit the 528 and zip over to Cocoa in about 35 minutes or so.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:19 PM

Thanks PianoGal....I'm really looking forward to getting back down there; especially with the furnace kicking back on. LOL The leaves are falling and the oil trucks are rumbling up and down the road getting ready for winter. Which Italian restaurant is fantastic? I'll write that one down.....

Old 12-31-2010, 07:30 PM

12 posts, read 24,049 times
Blanca36-- have you settled in Tivoli Gardens yet? We are looking at some short sales/foreclosures there and wonder how it is working out for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando