Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:32 PM

812 posts, read 1,675,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by s8film40 View Post
I hadn't thought about trying to watch AF-1, but I just looked that up it is said to land at Orlando International but can't find out when.
The only logical reason I can think of to put it @ OIA other than the SLF is to keep it out of the way of an RTLS abort I don't know if that's ENOUGH of a reason. Sounds like a lot of extra un-needed expense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 07:38 PM

76 posts, read 665,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTLPN View Post
The only logical reason I can think of to put it @ OIA other than the SLF is to keep it out of the way of an RTLS abort I don't know if that's ENOUGH of a reason. Sounds like a lot of extra un-needed expense.
The article said that due to launch restrictions they could not land there within 48 hours of a launch.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:19 PM

812 posts, read 1,675,604 times
Max Brewer is very open right now. The severe WX seems to have scared some away... Speaking of the WX, there was hail in Titusville. I hope none of it was near the STS stack!!!

Old 04-28-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTAce View Post
Max Brewer is very open right now. The severe WX seems to have scared some away... Speaking of the WX, there was hail in Titusville. I hope none of it was near the STS stack!!!
Are you there now? How are the crowds if so?

Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyzza View Post
I'm thinking about watching it right here, from Crane's Roost.
The parking garage at the AMC Altamonte 18 provides an incredible view from Crane's Roost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTLPN View Post
OIA is an emergency landing site for the orbiter, but there are many others I'm sure standing by if an AOA abort is necessary.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:45 PM

Uhh where did it say AF-1 was landing at MCO?? Everything I've found says Canaveral Air Force Station.

First family's visit to KSC will be brief | FLORIDA TODAY | floridatoday.comThe Flame Trench space news and analysis: Obama, Air Force One Will Arrive At Skid StripGabrielle Giffords to watch Endeavour launch with Obamas, if they make it in time

Old 04-29-2011, 04:03 AM

Yeah I saw that too, it was a news article, I think they may have just guessed that it would land there.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s8film40 View Post
Yeah I saw that too, it was a news article, I think they may have just guessed that it would land there.
Too bad, I wanted to watch the twin 747's land here in Orlando and try to guess which one is AF-1. The President is in Miami so if he were going into OIA, it would be a South-North approach so the Cell Waiting lot or somewhere south of the airport would work.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:30 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
It seems that giving specific details about the landing time of AF1 would be a security breech. I landed at MCO yesterday right around the time that the shuttle would have been going up, didn't see AF1 and no one was talking about it, nor were there any delays even though POTUS did go to KSC (when AF 1 is at an airport there are always tons of air traffic back ups), so I expect they landed over at Canaveral.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
It seems that giving specific details about the landing time of AF1 would be a security breech. I landed at MCO yesterday right around the time that the shuttle would have been going up, didn't see AF1 and no one was talking about it, nor were there any delays even though POTUS did go to KSC (when AF 1 is at an airport there are always tons of air traffic back ups), so I expect they landed over at Canaveral.
They did land at Canaveral, but the POTUS left as soon as he got word of the scrub.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando