Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 08:23 AM

26 posts, read 58,683 times

Advertisements

Harmony sounds lovely, but what about daycare? The community school & high school both look great, but we have a little one. I know there are lots of families with young kids in Harmony, so what do you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 02:02 PM

25 posts, read 227,944 times
Harmony, as a resident of the area, I agree some like it others hate it. Me I hate it I'm looking for a house and won't even consider it. To far, nothing around, it finally got a gas station. Taxes and CDD to high. Yes it will soon have a minor leage style stadium in my opinion no minor leage team will go there, the stadium and multiple fields are being built with the Osceola county tourist tax $$ (hotel, rental car taxes money) some how the baseball org. got its hands in the county board and had the county build a place for them to bring in tourist in the the area. (USSSA Baseball - Home)
The OP said they will have horses Me I would try the numerous areas around St. Cloud that allow for horses. On the south side of St. cloud (30 min drive to medical city or Orlando/Kissimmee farms area by Boggy Creek and hwy 417. and they don't have HOAs. So many places to choose from near medical city, choose what fits your needs/wants is what I say.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,943 times
HI~

After looking for more than a year, we finally purchased our new home in Harmony and will be moving August 1 We are THRILLED with what the community has to offer and look forward to having our retirement and have the grandkids visit us after our children are grown......Stepford wives?? Too good to be true?? Nonsense! Harmony reminds me of Mayberry and what life use to be like--Neighbors sitting on front porches, kids riding bikes and walking dogs.....Did I mention COMMUNITY Garden?? It's a little piece of heaven in this hectic world and I'm so glad I found Harmony!!!!

Old 07-14-2012, 04:48 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunniethoughts View Post
HI~

After looking for more than a year, we finally purchased our new home in Harmony and will be moving August 1 We are THRILLED with what the community has to offer and look forward to having our retirement and have the grandkids visit us after our children are grown......Stepford wives?? Too good to be true?? Nonsense! Harmony reminds me of Mayberry and what life use to be like--Neighbors sitting on front porches, kids riding bikes and walking dogs.....Did I mention COMMUNITY Garden?? It's a little piece of heaven in this hectic world and I'm so glad I found Harmony!!!!
Enjoy the 20 min+ trips to civilization to catch a movie, work out at the gym or get your groceries

Old 04-02-2013, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,545 times
Ready to close on a house next month. I love the community feel to it. Reminds me of my own childhood. Our family is perfect for it, we enjoy walking, biking, swimming, hiking and BBQ. We watch movies together in our family room and don't have gym subscriptions. Why go inside when we have a whole playground around us? Just around the corner we have publix, win Dixie and walgreens... And we will be 25 minutes from work. Don't mind it at all...

Old 04-02-2013, 05:43 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
I like everything about it. If I still had little ones I'd be there.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:05 AM

2 posts, read 26,923 times
Justme4040......Welcome to life in Harmomy! My family and I have been here for almost 3 years and we absolutelylove it as I'm sure you will too. This is the best place in central Florida to raise a family, retire, or just enjoy everyday life. People who talk bad about this place are just plain jealous and wish they could live here too!!! ;-)

Old 04-03-2013, 08:37 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittana View Post
People who talk bad about this place are just plain jealous and wish they could live here too!!! ;-)
Living on the outskirts of St Cloud doesn't really appeal to me

Old 04-03-2013, 09:18 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
I feel like when the medical city takes off, this place will too, But i would feel bad for the people who would have to take Narcoossee on A daily basis though...

Old 04-03-2013, 03:54 PM

34 posts, read 111,563 times
Is there a lot of foreclosures in the Harmony area? My husband and I are moving down to FL this summer and would love to buy a home thats foreclosed or short sale. Do you have the option of choosing Narcoosee schools vs Harmony schools like I heard? I saw that the 6,7, & 8th grade population for Harmony is pretty small. Planning on checking all my options out this summer when we get there! Super excited!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando