Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:17 AM

10 posts, read 68,031 times

Advertisements

currently in process of finalizing purchase of a property in florida for family vacations,what do we need to apply to get a florida id card,looked on dmv site but lost me totally

have the usual passport uk drivers licence and will have the property details also {deeds}

is anything else required

thanks for looking and any comments much appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 08:25 AM

126 posts, read 570,912 times
You're from the UK, right? What sort of ID do you mean? What would you want to use Florida ID for? A little more info and I'm sure we can help

Old 07-01-2008, 08:40 AM

Yes UK Resident

The Florida ID Card is whats needed,probably apply for Drivers Licence but not really needed as always hire cars and our dl's are good enough for that

What after doing is for buying annual passes to the theme parks and getting any other florida resident discounts available,most allow use of id card,some require drivers licence to apply but majority only require proof of id and florida address

Old 07-01-2008, 08:51 AM

OK, now I know what you mean. Unfortunately, to be eligible for the annual passes, you have to be a Florida resident and have a Florida drivers licence. The temp 90 day license, if you got that, wouldn't cut it I'm afraid. As I said, you have to prove Florida permanent residency.

You can still get annual passes for the theme parks as a visitor, but they are much more expensive. Depends on how many times a year you plan to use them, might still be worth it rather than getting the multi-day passes on each trip.

Fire away if you have any more questions.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:02 AM

correct but will have a florida address and have other uk ids to proof who i am

so even if got the id card you are saying wouldnt qualify for the discounts,how would they check this,dont think they can due to data protection laws surely only government officials have access to this info

i already have annual passes for the 3 major attractions but disney one comes up for renewal soon so after getting the hundred or so dollar saving

regarding drivers licence already have a valid licence which allows me to drive a rental car so not much point taking all the tests etc to get one,which even after getting wouldnt make much difference anyways regarding getting the discounts

Old 07-01-2008, 09:09 AM

Question for you......does your Florida address show on any of your ID? And your picture?

I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to help you around this, as I've been in your situation myself.

The requirements are you MUST be a Florida resident, meaning you live here full-time. Even US citizens from other States can't get Florida resident discounts.

Any time ID is asked for, it's always a Florida drivers license they ask for, as it has your photo and address on it.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:17 AM

605 posts, read 2,380,650 times
I agree. I don't think owning a property in FL will entitle you to any discounts such as this. The discounts seem to be for those who live in FL, not those who own a property there. If you're just there for a couple of weeks vacation each year then you almost certainly wouldn't be able to get a driving licence either, so that's a moot point.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:43 AM

1 posts, read 7,467 times
i'm an international exchange student from Ukraine. Question: Can i get Florida ID? if yes, how much is it? thank you for the answers.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:18 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timsitto View Post
i'm an international exchange student from Ukraine. Question: Can i get Florida ID? if yes, how much is it? thank you for the answers.
No, you can't.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:28 PM

200 posts, read 538,317 times
Real ID Act is now in effect so the state is more strict about proof of addresses. Also, for non-citizens, I think you'd need a permanent resident card, social security card, etc.
Official Website Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando