Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 02:50 PM

5 posts, read 6,080 times

Advertisements

Hey there, I am looking at options to relocate from the Pacific Northwest.. I am tired of the cold, windy, rainy weather up here.. The rain is literally NON STOP for 9 months out of the year and really to the point that it's starting to depress me more and more. I stayed so long because of my daughter. She just graduated from HS, and absolutely loves it here, not looking to ever leave.. but I really need to.

I thought about moving to California, but it's just to over populated, and really, really expensive to live in.

I love the warm, humid weather that Florida has to offer, so the humidity everone talks about, I can deal with. I have been to Miami, I and absolutely hated it.

I went to Orlando in March and loved it. I have been told to look at areas like Lake Mary, Lake Nona, Seminole County, and to stay away from the "touristy" areas; or places like Kissimmee, Apopka and Pine Hills.. can anyone offer me some advice on those areas. and any other areas I should "stay away" from. I need a safe neighborhood, although, "safe" in this day in age crime is through the roof anyplace I look at,.. I am a single female, and a really private kind of a person, stay to myself, not really into going out, just really want to work, and relax, not looking at commuting at all. I work for a big corporation, w/ the possibily to relocate pretty much anyplace in the country. But I keep hearing horror stories about "how bad it is to move to Florida" to "stay away".. but it's the closest I can get to any type of tropical area staying in the States.. I need the sun, absolutely love it! any advice.. please and thank you

Oh and looking at renting first, if I decide to stay eventually, a few years down the road, then possibly purchase a condo or small house. price range for renting, no more than $1000.00 a month for a 1 bedroom home, or apartment/townhome.. please any advice..

Have a great day!

Last edited by talitali; 07-10-2011 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: adding text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 11:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,374 times
I live in Heathrow, Florida. This area is known for it's beautiful homes, and we've had a handful of celebrities who have/had homes here also, some including Tiger Woods, Dwight Howard (still does) and a couple more. The area is a known to be pricey, but the surrounding areas Lake Mary and Sanford are not as pricey, and each have their share of very nice, and not as housing. My mom stays in Sanford, and our house is 5 bedroom, 5 bath. My dad now stays in the GORGEOUS Miami styled apartments in Heathrow, called Pure Living. I think this place seems to fit your criteria well! The area is PERFECT! Very safe! The complex has great 24/7 security, and it's located very conveniently near stores, bus stops, trails, 5 star restaurants, and Lake Mary's hottest hang out spots.

My dad stays in a 2 bed 2 bath and I don't believe the rent is very expensive. Give it a look! (:

Pure Living Heathrow

Old 08-12-2011, 05:44 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,956,177 times
^^^^ I agree! Lake Mary and the adjoining west side of Sanford is a nice place to live and offers that quieter lifestyle you're looking for, but there's still plenty of nearby amenities and things to do. I live on the west side of Sanford and am close to both I-4 and 417 for easy access to Orlando and other suburbs. I do not live in a gated community and have never felt the need to. The subdivision I live in has NEVER had a break-in according to my neighbors and I have never felt uncomfortable in terms of safety while living here. The pace of life is slower here and you don't have that touristy feel in this area at all. You'll find a good selection of rentals in your price range. Below are some recommended apartments in your price range to check out. Legends and Bentley Park are my most recommended as they're in the beautiful community of Timacuan which is on the east side of I-4 in a quieter area, yet really close to I-4 and amenities.

Legends Lake Mary
Apartment Homes | Lake Mary | Bentley Park
Lake's Edge Lake's Edge Apartments | Apartments for rent in Sanford FL managed by NTS
Colonial Grand at Heathrow | Heathrow Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando