Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2011, 08:29 AM

2 posts, read 2,790 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody ive been on this site for awhile now and am considering moving to the central orlando area in florida. I have been looking at some counties now but am having a hard time deciding on which is the best overall.
The counties im considering are...
WINDERMERE
WINTER GARDENS
WINTER SPRINGS
OVIEDO
ive head only good things about these counties im not saying there perfect but the majority of them has been good.Any help is appericated thanks again guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 09:23 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,152,984 times
Windermere and Winter Garden are in Orange County.
Oviedo and Winter Springs are in Seminole County.
All four are nice and safe for the most part, though parts of Winter Garden are dodgy.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:01 PM

7 posts, read 27,962 times
Out of those areas, Both in Seminole County, I came from Oviedo, Definatly a great hometown. Winter Springs & Winter Park (In Both Orange & Seminole Counties).

I would say yes to your idea, however prices are usually a littler higher in Oviedo and Winter Park due to the closeness to UCF. Lake Mary / Heathrow is also an area I would advise you to look into =D

Old 10-10-2011, 08:30 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,532,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmguy View Post
Hey everybody ive been on this site for awhile now and am considering moving to the central orlando area in florida. I have been looking at some counties now but am having a hard time deciding on which is the best overall.
The counties im considering are...
WINDERMERE
WINTER GARDENS
WINTER SPRINGS
OVIEDO
ive head only good things about these counties im not saying there perfect but the majority of them has been good.Any help is appericated thanks again guys
The only two counties in the cities you have listed are Seminole and Orange. All of Orlando is in Orange County (this includes the cities of Winter Garden and Windermere). The other cities you have mentioined are in Seminole County.

Seminole county for the most part has a reputation for better schools and the higher taxes and real estate that goes along with this.

But you can get a good deal on housing in any of these cities currently as now is probably the best time in 20 years to get buy a house for cheap.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,790 times
First of all i want to thank all you guys for the great info i want to make a good informed decision before the actual move. Im not looking for a house at the moment but probably a good apt complex thats not to crazy on the rent scale lol.Ive seen some good places on apt.com there pretty reasonable ...well id say better then up here lol. Now is seminole county better than orange or are they both the same ???? they seem to be the same i assume because they both have good schools and great neighborhoods.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:02 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,899,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmguy View Post
First of all i want to thank all you guys for the great info i want to make a good informed decision before the actual move. Im not looking for a house at the moment but probably a good apt complex thats not to crazy on the rent scale lol.Ive seen some good places on apt.com there pretty reasonable ...well id say better then up here lol. Now is seminole county better than orange or are they both the same ???? they seem to be the same i assume because they both have good schools and great neighborhoods.
As another poster mentioned Seminole overall is considered more liveable with better schools and neighborhoods.Orange county has good areas but many other sketchy areas,there could even be areas that look great but are right next to higher crime areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando