Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 05:54 PM

288 posts, read 734,219 times

Advertisements

So last November Brighthouse came out and spent half the day here installing a new box and testing all the cables inside and outside the house. We had them out because our tv, the unit, the box, whatever you want to call it, kept rebooting by itself enough that it became difficult to even watch a show. Between midnight and noon of any given day for a couple weeks this would happen. Finally it was to the point that watching anything wasn't even doable. Along with that the HD channels were mostly unavailable at that time - try again later. Pixilating was a real problem and have you ever noticed how the screen either freezes or pixilates right at the worst possible moment on a tv show?

Why don't I just change to something else you might ask? Because I don't want to change to some other service and then have to change again as soon as the fiber optic cable reaches this part of the frontier. So far I hear that is the best, the best priced, and that's what I want.

But anyway, all of the above is still happening with the addition of hardly ever being able to watch any of the Showtime channels and that is the point to where my patience took a dive. They have become mostly unavailable - try again later. Trying again later never helped.

I called Brighthouse last Thursday and they said they would be out here between 3pm and 5pm today, Sunday. That's fine, I planned my day accordingly. 5 o'clock arrives - no cable tech. At 2:30pm a Brighthouse robocall said they would be here between 3pm and 5pm. The tech we spoke to before said when you get that call, they are usually out a half hour later.

I called at 5:15pm to ask when we might expect to see the cable tech today. First thing the lady says is "I'm so sorry, I can help you with that." I HATE that. First they couldn't care less. They are trained to say this and lose points if they don't, by those whose jobs are to monitor them. Which I think is rotten. I wish they would just train their people to be people and not to be robots when a call comes in. She told me the tech would be out between 6:05pm and 7:10pm tonight. Well that's just swell. My roommate was going to take me to a nice dinner out, so much for that. Not the end of the world, I realize, but wouldn't it have just been better if a human being had called around 4pm to say they were running a little late, would that be ok if a tech came out between 6:05pm and 7:10pm, or would you rather reschedule? I would have been happy with that.

The tech finally gets out here with a real pickle up his culo. Look, its not my fault he has to work, and it's not my fault we are having these problems. He was very nasty and probably wanted to kill me by the look in his eyes. In the meantime, my pitbull who I put in my room knew something wasn't going right out here and badly wanted to tear him a new one. While the tech was here I said to my roomate, look, why don't we get another tv for your room, and a box, and you can have cable in there too. And then I said let's just get a Specialty Pizza and put some candles on the table and have a nice dinner. The tech about exploded and said if we were going to sit around and make fun of him, or Brighthouse, he was taking his stuff and leaving and we could reschedule. It's like take a damn chill pill dude, me and my roommate are joshing each other and trying to make a good night out of a not so good day. Are we getting a little sensitive here Brighthouse? How about getting some friendly techs? How about sending someone out who isn't pissed at the world because he has to come out here Sunday evening? It ruined my day too. And if they don't want to work on Sundays don't make them work on Sundays. Above all teach them how to deal with people who are frustrated with service they are paying for. When you call a customer no service place face it, you aren't happy. I pay when I get my bill, I expect to get the service I pay for. If I were a tech, I'd jump right in with the humor and make the best of it instead of being a total jerk. We would have even invited him to our pizza party. It's not like he has to say "I'm sorry about that, I can help you with that". Larry the Cable Guy he wasn't! Just be a human. Laughing cures lots of ills. ADVICE: Try to arrange a tech to come out during "normal" working hours, because they obviously hate it when it's your fault that they have to come to your place after hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 10:25 PM

570 posts, read 1,153,824 times
Brighthouse > AT&T

Old 01-23-2012, 07:41 AM

27,224 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
Brighthouse > AT&T
DirectTV> than either.

No pixilates, no hostile techs, no issues. BTW, the "lose service when it storms" argument is old BS. I lost service once for 20 minutes in the past year only because the thunder/lightning was literally rocking the house.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:55 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
DirectTV> than either.

No pixilates, no hostile techs, no issues. BTW, the "lose service when it storms" argument is old BS. I lost service once for 20 minutes in the past year only because the thunder/lightning was literally rocking the house.
I agree Direct TV, no issues here.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:42 AM

334 posts, read 1,151,971 times
I've had nothing but good experiences with BH techs. Did you get his name? Report him to his supervisor.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:58 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,749,508 times
I had plenty of problems with Brighthouse but since switching to Comcast...I've had none of the same issues. I'm lucky enough to live in a neighborhood that offers both companies as cable options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando