Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:17 AM

143 posts, read 651,995 times

Advertisements

I have had soem decent Sushi here in Orlando. Although its not quite in the smae league as California. The best local place is Seito in Balwin Park. As for chinese food, I can't think of anywhere that is that great, with the exception of the chains, PF Changs and whatever the little take out place is that is owned by the same company.

As foor a GOOD chinese buffet - No such thing.....anywhere....probably not even in China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 02:15 PM

316 posts, read 1,037,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly Noonan View Post
Sorry Everyone. There is No Good Chinese food in Florida. Get on a plane and go to Boston. That's where you'll find the best Chinese food.
NOT TRUE! Chinese is very easy to find, however GOOD Chinese is hard to find. I travel 47 weeks a year, it's even hard to find in NYC. Boston....well.... I'll keep that to myself.

Not Buffet (all Chinese buffets are as bad as going to HoJo's and having a buffet)

On to the topic - if you want SUPERIOR Chinese food. The name of the place is:

Yen Yen's
Winter Springs and Cocoa Beach.

We used to live in Chicago, I worked in a Chinese Restaurant as a teenager for 4 years, learned a lot. Yen Yen's blows away the place I worked in.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:17 PM

316 posts, read 1,037,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msaRick View Post
.... As for chinese food, I can't think of anywhere that is that great, with the exception of the chains, PF Changs and whatever the little take out place is that is owned by the same company.

As foor a GOOD chinese buffet - No such thing.....anywhere....probably not even in China.
PF Changs????? That doesn't even qualify as Chinese.... that's like saying Smokey Bones is a real BBQ place!

Old 12-04-2007, 04:46 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
I may be going out on a limb but I think Crazy Buffet (or at least that's what it used to be called) is a pretty good place to grab a bite. If you want some authentic Chinese or NYC Chinatown style Chinese try Chinatown on Mills, Ming Bistro off Mills or Tasty Wok on Colonial.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:57 PM

169 posts, read 655,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
I may be going out on a limb but I think Crazy Buffet (or at least that's what it used to be called) is a pretty good place to grab a bite. If you want some authentic Chinese or NYC Chinatown style Chinese try Chinatown on Mills, Ming Bistro off Mills or Tasty Wok on Colonial.

Avoid all of these offerings, they look authentic but don't get it done in any regard. If you've ever been to Boston, San Fran, NY, or Philly, England or Vancouver and other places that serve good authentic Hong Kong style chinese, then you would know that you wouldn't feed these offerings to your mother in laws dog.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:42 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Default chinese

Sadly, the answer is no there aren't any good ones. There is one on 436 in Altamonte on the East side of the road and South of the police station that is better than the others but still humble. I avoid them totally in Kissimmee as they are prone to the most health code violations.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:38 PM

339 posts, read 1,167,050 times
I know at least 5 people who have gotten very sick after eating at Chinese Buffets - I avoid food that sits for any period of time at all cost. You are better to eat raw fish at a good sushi bar where it is carefully prepared.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:57 PM

467 posts, read 1,692,118 times
Default crazy buffet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogal View Post
I know alot of people who agree with you. Perhaps they were just having an off night when I was there or I just don't like the main things they seem to specialize in - sushi, steamed shrimp, crab legs, etc.
I tried it 2 days ago for the first time. the seafood was good but everything else was pretty much the same as anywhere else...it was 18.95 a head....I don't think it was worth that.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:35 PM

14 posts, read 99,514 times
Thanks for the update, ya'll!

I've been around and so far, I haven't been to any other restaurant buffet that has got my interest besides "Wu" on Kirkman road. I just had my first experience with home-cooked crab legs this weekend at a friends house and now I'm in love. So, with some of the places I've seen mentioned in this thread that specialize in seafood, I will now have to give them a try since I've broadened my horizons a bit when it comes to food.....

In the mean-time, I will still search!

Thanks!

-Setsunna.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:00 PM

1 posts, read 5,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsunna View Post
Hello all,

I need some recommendations on good
Chinese buffets in Orlando. By good, I mean the food is actually hot and tastes good at the same time. Also, the food container is switched out when the food inside it is low or gone, rather than "new" food dumped on top of the old food and mixed together.

I already know buffet-style will not suffice for sit-down restaurant quality, but sometimes we need a good buffet so we can try something new and be able to eat something else if we didn't like it.

For now the only Chinese buffet I know that I feel is excellent is Kim Wu on Kirkman Road. The only problem is that their buffet is only for lunch. Then it's sit-down for dinner.

Any good Chinese buffet suggestions for Orlando?

Thanks,

Setsunna.
Assuming you will be near International Drive, there are some very good restaurants available:

[SIZE=3]Bill Wongs Famous Super Buffet[/SIZE]
5668 International Dr. · Orlando
407-352-5373 ·

[SIZE=3]Trey Yuen Restaurant[/SIZE]
6800 Visitors Circle · Orlando
407-352-6822 · Inexpensive

[SIZE=3]Ming Court[/SIZE][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]
9188 International Dr. · Orlando
407-351-9988 · Moderate

[SIZE=3]Hong Kong Tong's BBQ[/SIZE]
6227 International Dr. · Orlando
407-351-9818 · Moderate

[SIZE=3]China Jade Mongolian Buffet[/SIZE]
7308 International Dr. · Orlando
407-363-9797 · Inexpensive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando