Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 04:07 PM

570 posts, read 1,153,824 times

Advertisements

Think about what you can do as an individual to keep Dwight Howard in Orlando past next season, then go ahead and do that.

Share your plans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 04:10 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Howard screwed up the team over the last couple of seasons - it was because of his threats that stupid trades were made that shouldn't have, imo.

I wished Howard was sent packing to the Brooklynn Nets when the Magic had the chance. Time to get rid of this PITA and start rebuilding.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:42 PM

398 posts, read 729,641 times
Why don't you plan to get a life!

Old 06-05-2012, 09:48 PM

93 posts, read 236,030 times
If Dwight has any sense what so ever then he knows that Orlando sucks. So there is reason to stay in this lackluster off bread piece of town. I wish him luck... and a title, elsewhere.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:39 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,055,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Stress View Post
If Dwight has any sense what so ever then he knows that Orlando sucks. So there is reason to stay in this lackluster off bread piece of town. I wish him luck... and a title, elsewhere.
"lackluster off bread piece of town"

Anyway, well apparently that's not the case for JJ Redick and Jameer Nelson. They are both on record as saying they would prefer to stay in Orlando for the rest of their careers.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:51 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
I don't want to keep Dwight Howard...not after all of last years drama. Trust me I love Dwight but I think this relationship is irreparable and I am a Magic Fan first and Dwight Fan after. I think both sides could stand to gain from a trade so let's do it. My wish to trade Dwight to Chic for Deng, Noah and C J Watson, or trade to Philly for Iguodola, Brand and Young or trade to NYK for Stoudamire, Lin and Chandler. I know it's a lofty wish lists but a fan can dream. If we keep Dwight I'd like to see them bring in Rondo and Josh Smith to surround him. Again...I can dream.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
I don't want to keep Dwight Howard...not after all of last years drama. Trust me I love Dwight but I think this relationship is irreparable and I am a Magic Fan first and Dwight Fan after. I think both sides could stand to gain from a trade so let's do it. My wish to trade Dwight to Chic for Deng, Noah and C J Watson, or trade to Philly for Iguodola, Brand and Young or trade to NYK for Stoudamire, Lin and Chandler. I know it's a lofty wish lists but a fan can dream. If we keep Dwight I'd like to see them bring in Rondo and Josh Smith to surround him. Again...I can dream.
Dwight Howard has stay. That's not the question. The question is who can we bring in to help us win a championship. I was thinking Chris Paul from LA, that team is going nowhere in the west and he's always wanted to play with Howard and Clippers can't afford Howard/Paul/Blake, so Paul might be willing to come. That's only if Howard wants to stay in Orlando though.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:23 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
Dwight Howard has stay. That's not the question. The question is who can we bring in to help us win a championship. I was thinking Chris Paul from LA, that team is going nowhere in the west and he's always wanted to play with Howard and Clippers can't afford Howard/Paul/Blake, so Paul might be willing to come. That's only if Howard wants to stay in Orlando though.
I agree with you that CP3 would be a great pick up, but more importantly a realistic one. Yes we all loved the Clips Show and Lob City this past season but I also get the sense that CP3 feels a little empty with all the highlights and what appears to be limited potential. It's almost reminiscent of the much hyped young Hornets team that he played for a few years back. I agree he would be very much intrigued by playing next to a now more veteran D12. But to be completely honest, I wouldn't mind taking Eric Bledsoe either if CP3 is not interested.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:10 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Howard screwed up the team over the last couple of seasons - it was because of his threats that stupid trades were made that shouldn't have, imo.

I wished Howard was sent packing to the Brooklynn Nets when the Magic had the chance. Time to get rid of this PITA and start rebuilding.
There still may be a chance we get rid of him before August. I hope we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
"lackluster off bread piece of town"

Anyway, well apparently that's not the case for JJ Redick and Jameer Nelson. They are both on record as saying they would prefer to stay in Orlando for the rest of their careers.
Oh gosh these two boneheads. I like them but they just can not defend like you need in the NBA today. I know you can barely stop anyone but they don't even seem to try. JJ does though sometime. Anyway He or J Rich needs to go for a more versatile two guard. We just need a whole new point gaurd line up period.

Quote:
Crane I couldn't agree with you more here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
Dwight does NOT have to stay actually. the clause he signed in April, yeah that's not in his contract and he can not honor it at any time he wants, thus leaving the Magic hanging and going through another season of turmoil!
Quote:
I agree with you that CP3 would be a great pick up, but more importantly a realistic one. Yes we all loved the Clips Show and Lob City this past season but I also get the sense that CP3 feels a little empty with all the highlights and what appears to be limited potential. It's almost reminiscent of the much hyped young Hornets team that he played for a few years back. I agree he would be very much intrigued by playing next to a now more veteran D12. But to be completely honest, I wouldn't mind taking Eric Bledsoe either if CP3 is not interested.
I'll take Eric Bledsoe any day. Cp3 and stay the hell in L.A.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:19 PM

Ask not what Dwight Howard can do for you...but what you can do to keep Dwight Howard in a Magic uniform for the next decade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando