Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 05:30 PM

3 posts, read 8,111 times

Advertisements

hello,
does anyone know why the townhouses are so inexpensive in this developement, Any info would be great thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 06:12 PM

2 posts, read 9,302 times
Default Universal Resorts Place

I viewed a property here for a UK client, about 6 months ago. It was a bargain at around $55,000 for 5 bedrooms and previously sold in the mid $200,00's. However, there are lots of empty properties here and the site looks very neglected - damaged homes, full of dead plants etc. I don't know whether things have picked up since but the 'resort' needs big investment. I personally disregarded it. It wouldn't be a good rental for the vacation market. Your guests would undoubtedly complain. I think it's mainly residential now.

The weblink http://www.universalresortskissimmee.com (http://www.universalresortskissimmee.com/ - broken link) is no longer used for on-line resort reservations ( I explored this at the time I viewed last October). It redirects you to a hotel website which does not have these properties - understandably.

At the time I viewed there was an additional fee to join the HOA. I think it was $1,000 and you had to be approved first.

Regards
Helen
Property Locator Disney Orlando Area

Old 04-30-2009, 04:54 PM

8 posts, read 37,182 times
Default Universal Resorts

Hi, I stayed here with my family the first time I visited Florida around ten years ago. It was called Victoria Landings then but I believe the homes have been subject to some kind of reposession order since then as one company bought up the whole place. If it gets up and running again as a rental area, it should be nice as it was when we stayed. The townhomes, especially the 5 beds are spacious and its in a nice quiet area. Best of luck, I believe they're down to even less than $55,000 now.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:51 PM

127 posts, read 313,741 times
Hi. I saw these online also. How do you think they would be for someone looking for a vacation "home" not a vacation "rental" home.....

Old 05-03-2009, 06:49 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Think about it.

The place has a ton of foreclosures. The costs to maintain it are going to be the same, so someone needs to pick up the tab--you'll see a lot of special assessments as a result.

With that many empty units, it's prime for burglaries.

And do you really want to invest in a place that's not being maintained?

Sometimes what looks like a good deal definitely isn't when you really peel back the layers.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 9,302 times
Default Universal Resorts Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Think about it.

The place has a ton of foreclosures. The costs to maintain it are going to be the same, so someone needs to pick up the tab--you'll see a lot of special assessments as a result.

With that many empty units, it's prime for burglaries.

And do you really want to invest in a place that's not being maintained?

Sometimes what looks like a good deal definitely isn't when you really peel back the layers.
I agree. I thought of buying myself to see how the market would pick up The idea was to rent it out in the medium term. After viewing I then cosidered what sort of tennants would want to live in a place like that - probably not the sort that I would want, with a risk of not paying rent etc. There are just so many issues there. I wouldn't feel safe with using it as a personal vacation home for the reasons stated above and yes the prices have come down way below $50,000 in some cases but it would not tempt me. There are many bargains out there at the moment and you don't have to pay an application fee of $1200 (I thought it was $1000). You need to consider your return on investment and this could potentially fall rather flat - it's a buyers market so have a look around and good luck!

Regards
Helen
Property Locator Disney Orlando Area

Old 10-07-2011, 07:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapacella View Post
hello,
does anyone know why the townhouses are so inexpensive in this developement, Any info would be great thank you
Are you trying to buy? Because if you are, don't even bother. There is a big scam going on in Unversal Resorts development. The Homeowners Association turns everyone down for no reason(s) and then the buy the property under International Sales and Leasing. How far did you get in the process?

Old 06-05-2012, 06:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,117 times
Universal resorts pl aka international sales and marketing llc also victoria landing is a scam the units are not there's half of them the owe back Tass also the maintenance guys steal stuff out of people homes. The don't give back security deposits. The place is a joke they use different names to talk to the tenants
Stay away unless you want to live in roach infested house for 1200 to 1500 a month your ac breaks the steal parts from off your neighbors ac half of the properties were in foreclosure out of maryland that's what happened to unit 1057 the still use that address as there business address sued so many times in court that they don't even show up

Old 06-05-2012, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,113 times
This place is a scam and infested with roaches. Even renting from them they try and scam you. They are from England who own it and they need to be stopped. Do not even think about owning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: