Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 07:15 PM

16 posts, read 82,573 times

Advertisements

Hey i was wondering... for the pepole who live in florida.. n if any is from pa, and moved to florida would be evennnnn better so u can compare for me...

-what is the inspections like for cars? what are the requirments and such? -How about insurance on cars... what are they like? (In pa theres something called full tort, and min.. if u get in an accident n only have min tourt you can't sue enless ur badly injured. so u get nothing if ur in an accident. we also have collison and such) How much do you guys pay for your car insurance?
-another question.. say you lose your license... (i live in pa and if you move to nj you can get a jersey license...) Can you get a florida license even if your old states license is suspended? (it doesnt apply 2 me but my friend was wondering)
-About how much is gas for regular?
-How easy is it to get an aparment around Disney World? are there a lot of openings in Jan.?

i forget all my questions! haha. So if any1 can answer any of them or all... id be sooo happy!! and if theres anything else you can inform me about anything id be soo happy!

(BTW i wanna live near disney b/c im doing the disney college program, and i'm not going to live in their housing b/c i want 2 stay down there and go to comm. college after i'm done w/ the program.)

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps!! Even answering just one will make me happy. I'd love advice!

Thanks!
Caitlin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 07:20 PM

Oh yea and another random question hahaha...

here in PA the local police can't use those guns to get your speed, only state can. The local can only use speed traps which consit of two white lines spaced out in the road, and they click a button once when u hit the 1st line, then click a button when u hit the second, and it tells u your speed... what's the traps like in florida? anyone know? hah another random question but im just curious so if im late to work and i mite be goin a lil over the speed limit.. i dont wanan fall into a stupid trap! haha.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:22 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
we don't have to do inspections! car insurance is cheaper down here. gas is a little higher down here. (probably about 3.07 now) there are plenty of areas down here with speed traps and they hand out tickets pretty freely. i think that you are supposed to surrender your license from another state when you get a florida license but i am not sure about that.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
we don't have to do inspections! car insurance is cheaper down here. gas is a little higher down here. (probably about 3.07 now) there are plenty of areas down here with speed traps and they hand out tickets pretty freely. i think that you are supposed to surrender your license from another state when you get a florida license but i am not sure about that.
wow no car inspections!!!! Unbeliveable! lol thats going to be great! haha. This might be a stupid question.. but what does that mean to surrender your license from another state? If your license is susppended from another state.. can u still get a florida one?

thank you soooo much for answering my questions!!

Old 11-06-2007, 10:44 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake81400 View Post
wow no car inspections!!!! Unbeliveable! lol thats going to be great! haha. This might be a stupid question.. but what does that mean to surrender your license from another state? If your license is susppended from another state.. can u still get a florida one?

thank you soooo much for answering my questions!!
I think that suspenscion follows you.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:43 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
We are from PA too. When we moved down here, my husband's license was suspended. He tried to get a license here and he couldn't. They said he'd have to get it back in PA first. The next thing if you get caught, you go directly to jail and have to pay a fine. Get caught again, as he did, 30 days in jail. That's where he ended up yesterday. He got caught while he was working. (just trying to make a living) When you go to court, they say that driving under suspension is one of the most common charges in this state. It's funny b/c every other person that I talk to knows someone or has their licence suspended. I think it's a money thing. They make you go to expensive classes too before you get it back. I know it's breaking the law, but I think it's a waste of people's tax money to put people in jail for that reason. My suggestion....don't drive here b/c there are alot of cops here, and you'll get caught. Try to move where they have public transportation. In our case, it's not near us.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:13 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,985,462 times
People get there license supended for lots of different reasons. I've been driving for 25 years and never had my license suspended. I don't drive like a fool and if I get a ticket, I take care of it, either fight it or pay it. It's that simple. If I have to abide by laws, so does everyone else. Take care of your responsibilies, period! Someone going to jail and paying fines for suspended licenses get no sympathy from me.

To the OP, you won't get a license in a new state, if your old state suspended. I believe all states share that information.

Surrendering your license means, if you apply for a license in a new state, you need to give them your previous states license the day you get you new license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando