Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 04:54 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,077,888 times

Advertisements

Splendid china.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 06:00 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The OP mentioned it but I felt it wasn't on the radar of most who visit here. I truly hope it's doing well as I have no information proving otherwise, just my overall impression.
That's cool. I don't have any problem with your opinion.
Working there you get an inside look at people when they visit. A lot of times sea world is a da trip. it may be the third day of someone's trip or first. It's certainly gaining traction well the one in Orlando is. But overall I see how someone could say it is underrated. I think most would agree with you though.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,897,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Splendid china.
You know it's been closed for like a decade right?

Old 11-09-2012, 10:08 PM

65 posts, read 97,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
If the OP mentioned Sea World in his orginal post, with the other two which he felt wer enot underrated, why would you mention it again? Because we live local it may seem underrated, but if you've ever worked at the theme parks and what not, Sea World is on peoples' to do list and not a left over any more. Sure Disney and Universal may get more coverage for their brand but Sea World has and will continue to hold it's own weight. In the mind of people far away the Sea World in Orlando is superior to that of San Diego and San Antonio, which is why I'd say it's one of Orlando's main parks. Sea World can also be thought of as an educational park so I respect our opinion, but I disagree tha it's overshawdowed. I think Sea World is in it's own category of specifics and is doing well!
i couldn't agree more!

Old 11-10-2012, 06:55 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,176,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The OP mentioned it but I felt it wasn't on the radar of most who visit here. I truly hope it's doing well as I have no information proving otherwise, just my overall impression.

Kyle if you haven't been to Sea World in the last few years, you should go at Christmas.. Expect huge crowds on weekends and for some of the Christmas Shows. They give some great competition for Disney. The park is decorated to the max for Christmas! They change Wild Arctic ride into The Polar Express and the O Wondrous Night Musical using puppets and real animals last year was totally awesome....funny but still tells the Christmas Story. It is on par with EPCOTS Candlelight.

Used to be on the Theme park type message boards, people only talked Disney and no one posted on the SW board,, but in the last few years more people are heading to SW for part of their Disney vacation . It is a more relaxing family day.

SW has some of the best coasters in Orlando. It has really good food with an eat all day plan for around $30 and you can go back to any of the 5 or 6 restaurants to get an entre, side, and drink as many times as you want or just bop in and et water or soda etc. all day long.

The regular shows at SW are also pretty cool. Have to admit I miss seeing the trainers in the water with the whales, but the shows are still fun. During the summer they do night shows and one even pokes fun at the whole park. Personally , I think the park has come a long way since I first started going there in 1975. My yearly gift to my family is the annual pass to Sea World and Bush Gardens. Even though we can get into Disney parks, free we tend to spend more time at Sea world.

Sw also still has the Country concerts which are full concerts in the early spring. We have seen some great shows there. Disney's concerts are more in the 20-30 minute range but at SW the entertainers are on stage at least an hour and some even sing for much longer. Usually the Country singers are a little more current than the ones Disney gets for their concerts too. We have seen Trace Atkins, Sugarland, Blake Shelton, to name just a few.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:08 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,936,557 times
We went to seaworld last year at Christmas and it was dull and seemed almost rundown. The shows weren't great and of course the most wonderful show is watered down because the trainers can't get in with the killer whales. They do have two fantastic rollercoasters but do people go to seaworld for rollercoasters? I dunno, maybe. It seems to be a park still trying to evolve into something really worthwhile...which I hope it does for I used to love this park.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:32 AM

1,284 posts, read 3,897,778 times
Sea World is great,the concerts mentioned earlier are during Bands,Brew and BBQ which has BBQ companies offering several types of BBQ during the day followed by the concert later in the day.I prefer the dolphin show to the Shamu show,much better overall,even before when the trainers got in the water with the whales.And yes the Sea Lions Tonight show is awesome as they poke fun at the other shows in the park.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:51 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Kyle if you haven't been to Sea World in the last few years, you should go at Christmas.. Expect huge crowds on weekends and for some of the Christmas Shows. They give some great competition for Disney. The park is decorated to the max for Christmas! They change Wild Arctic ride into The Polar Express and the O Wondrous Night Musical using puppets and real animals last year was totally awesome....funny but still tells the Christmas Story. It is on par with EPCOTS Candlelight.

Used to be on the Theme park type message boards, people only talked Disney and no one posted on the SW board,, but in the last few years more people are heading to SW for part of their Disney vacation . It is a more relaxing family day.

SW has some of the best coasters in Orlando. It has really good food with an eat all day plan for around $30 and you can go back to any of the 5 or 6 restaurants to get an entre, side, and drink as many times as you want or just bop in and et water or soda etc. all day long.

The regular shows at SW are also pretty cool. Have to admit I miss seeing the trainers in the water with the whales, but the shows are still fun. During the summer they do night shows and one even pokes fun at the whole park. Personally , I think the park has come a long way since I first started going there in 1975. My yearly gift to my family is the annual pass to Sea World and Bush Gardens. Even though we can get into Disney parks, free we tend to spend more time at Sea world.

Sw also still has the Country concerts which are full concerts in the early spring. We have seen some great shows there. Disney's concerts are more in the 20-30 minute range but at SW the entertainers are on stage at least an hour and some even sing for much longer. Usually the Country singers are a little more current than the ones Disney gets for their concerts too. We have seen Trace Atkins, Sugarland, Blake Shelton, to name just a few.
Ahh i hate Christmas, but Sea World is absolutely magical durign Christmas. There is a bit more "flare" to the excitement. And With the new rides opening and what not Sea World always has something to do while you're there!

Old 11-11-2012, 06:08 PM

457 posts, read 627,478 times
Sea World, Uni and Disney are the most popular, but Gatorland is the best half-day attraction in Orlando! That's the slogan, anyway. I do like Gatorland very much.

If you feel like a drive, Busch Gardens is fantastic. Lots of people like the Kennedy Space Center.

I always think about it, but have never been to the Holy Land Experience. Maybe one day I'll get there.

The China thing closed eons ago.

There are many other little tourist places, like Wonder Works and such. Also dinner shows.

The Titanic thing is good if you can hear the person. Most of what is there is period stuff or things that resemble the actual articles. There is very little from the actual ship or its line. But it is still fun.

There is one thing Orlando isn't short on and that is tourist attractions!!

Old 11-13-2012, 01:30 AM

65 posts, read 97,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
Sea World, Uni and Disney are the most popular, but Gatorland is the best half-day attraction in Orlando! That's the slogan, anyway. I do like Gatorland very much.

If you feel like a drive, Busch Gardens is fantastic. Lots of people like the Kennedy Space Center.

I always think about it, but have never been to the Holy Land Experience. Maybe one day I'll get there.

The China thing closed eons ago.

There are many other little tourist places, like Wonder Works and such. Also dinner shows.

The Titanic thing is good if you can hear the person. Most of what is there is period stuff or things that resemble the actual articles. There is very little from the actual ship or its line. But it is still fun.

There is one thing Orlando isn't short on and that is tourist attractions!!
wonderful! i couldn't agree more! i would like to write an article about some underrated parks in orlando and popularize them as they are worthy of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando