Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 01:43 PM

217 posts, read 806,379 times

Advertisements

Hahahaha.....Oh, I believe every word!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 02:31 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,556,003 times
Default It's 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake81400 View Post
<snip> "... that isn't veryyyy racist."
People who use racism or other similar techniques for gaining money and power over others, have tricked pretty much everyone they can with that approach. The ROI from racism is dwindling to nothing.

If someone hates you, it's probably because of your financial situation not your color. There really are much better reasons to hate someone other than because of their color.

Keep in mind the reason for racism, etc. it to separate the masses into smaller manageable groups.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:32 PM

28 posts, read 196,206 times
Snowflake,

My husband and I live near Disney, in Lake Buena Vista right off of I-Drive. For you, I think living in this area would be nice because you're only about 10 minutes from Disney. And granted, we've only lived here for about 3 weeks now, but so far it seems like a decent enough place to live. Like everyone said, people keep to themselves. I really don't think anyone in this area would care. At the place I live at, I have seen all types. No one seems to give anyone else a hard time.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:34 PM

555 posts, read 2,212,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake81400 View Post
Hey. My fiance and I are planning on moving down to Florida. Were from PA. I want to work at Disney World, so it has to be like a 30ish min max from Disney. Now the thing is.. i'm white, and he's black. He's no gangbanger or anything. He's very friendly, and respects anyone who respects him. It's just i want to move 2 an area that isn't veryyyy racist. i know we'll have it anywhere.. but i need town names to look up apartments, so i need ideas of town names. We don't want to live in a bad area, with a lot of crime, but we don't want to live in a very racist are. So pleaseeeeee if anyone could help, please help!!!!

Thanks
Check out other threads for info on where NOT to live. Have you considered east LAke County like Clermont or MT.Dora? These are nice areas with lower crime statistics. There are very bad places to live in Orlando. If you keep away from those areas, it's a lot better. Consider to that the 429 expressway leads right to the back door to Disney and would be a better commute than I4, the front door to Disney.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:50 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Please get back on topic from the OP.
If you want to discuss dating/marrying different races take it to the relationship forum.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:26 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,644 times
I was from PA and went to Orlando. No comparison. PA is much more segregated. People in Orlando are very open, it is very multi-cultural.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:19 PM

10 posts, read 33,582 times
guys, what do you concider the best employers in orlando area?

Old 10-15-2007, 06:42 AM

239 posts, read 799,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots32837 View Post
And I thought they were together because they were colorblind, attracted to each other & in love.

Perish the thought!!! LOL

Old 10-24-2007, 09:56 PM

3 posts, read 12,752 times
If you dont already have a job and speak fluent spanish, dont waste your time moving to Orlando. The average job at Disney pays $8 per hour, so poverty will be more of a concern than racism. The only racism I encountered was because I was white, not spanish. Not only will I never return to Orlando, but I'll likely not be back to Fl for the rest of my life. My girlfriend is half black and we never got so much as a second look if that makes a difference to you.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,552 times
Hi! For anyone who can help us. My husband and I would like to buy a house is orlando. We think it would be a great place for our kids to grow up. We're New Yorkers and we are pretty much exausted with living city life. We are also tired of the cold weather. However, because I was born and raised in brooklyn, my husband thinks that it would be difficult for me to adjust to life in Florida. However, I would like to find a place with the best of both worlds such as a quiet and nice neighborhood and being very close to everything. Although I love my city, I'm definitely ready for a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: