Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2012, 02:41 PM

14 posts, read 36,871 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the neighborhood area of Eastwood in Orlando? Hearing good things about Lake Nona for possible relocation to Orlando area... also overheard an airline flight crew talking about the Eastwood area of Orlando while in line for coffee at Orlando Int'l during Thanksgiving weekend. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 05:18 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
Does anyone know anything about the neighborhood area of Eastwood in Orlando? Hearing good things about Lake Nona for possible relocation to Orlando area... also overheard an airline flight crew talking about the Eastwood area of Orlando while in line for coffee at Orlando Int'l during Thanksgiving weekend. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
I moved here one last April. I'm in the preserve. I love it. Low crime. Great family atmosphere. If you want specific info, PM me

Old 12-02-2012, 11:42 AM

29 posts, read 62,847 times
Default Eastwood

We've lived here since the summer and LOVE it. Great so far for families w/young children as well as empty nesters. It is relatively calm, quiet. You can hear a pin drop after nightfall : ) What I like most is that the residents really value their homes and lots, so work to keep them clean, trim, and attractive. (If I were a young, childless 20-something though, I'd personally prefer living in downtown Orlando or Winter Park in a condo or town home)

We also considered Lake Nona, but finally decided that Lake Nona area was not nearly as developed (yet) as we wanted. We love having access to Waterford Lakes shopping....tons of shops, restaurants, services. There are some lovely communities out in Lake Nona, but the amenities have not yet made it there.

GL with your search! Find a knowledgeable Realtor who is very familiar with both Lake Nona and Eastwood/Waterford Lakes, and have them take you around. Speak to residents you see on street (here in Eastwood everyone seems VERY nice)

The one little 'drawback' for us is the lack of diversity. It's here and there, but definitely does not reflect Orlando.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:00 PM

793 posts, read 2,525,262 times
Lake Nona is the up and coming area, and for those who purchase a home in this community your rewards will be in the very near future; shopping, restaurants etc.. is on the way. Also the new elementary is currently under construction giving the area all new schools lower-middle-high with the ability to transition to college while in high school, way cool!!

Eastwood is also a very nice area just up the road (Rt 429) from Nona, everything is at your finger tips.

Hope this helps,

Old 12-06-2012, 02:01 PM

640 posts, read 3,075,853 times
I have also lived in the Preserve at Eastwood for the past 8 years. It is very quiet and the neighbors are all very friendly. We are tucked away from all the hustle and bustle but close enough to enjoy all the amenities.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:09 PM

148 posts, read 339,703 times
I used to live in East Orlando and have lived up and down S. Alafaya and know Eastwood very very well. What I like about Eastwood vs. the other neighborhoods in East Orlando (Waterford, Avalon Park, Stoneybrook, etc) is that it seemed to fare better during the real estate crash. It is well kept and maintained and the Preserve gated area in the very back is quite nice. I don't play golf, but from what I have heard, Eastwood has a relatively nice course and superior to Stoneybrook's.

However, Eastwood is in East Orlando. I lived there for 8+ years until moving out about 6 months ago. That area is poorly integrated with the rest of Orlando. But at the same time, you have most of what you need right there in Waterford Lakes. Getting to I4 through the 408 can really suck (is the road widening finally done?) The only way to get out of Eastwood is through Golfway to Alafaya which can back up quite a bit and Woodbury through Waterford Lakes which can also be congested.

If you are choosing between Lake Nona and Eastwood , I would say Lake Nona is the clear choice. I think Eastwood is a fine neighborhood, but after living in the East side for a long time, I would say that the whole South Alafaya corridor is in somewhat of a decline.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:55 AM

14 posts, read 36,871 times
Thanks to you all for all of the info. We were visiting the area during Thanksgiving, and were able to do some info gathering on the area. It is even better when I get it straight for all of you as we'll. We like that area and will continue checking it out. Thanks again.

Wedge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: