Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 PM

65 posts, read 97,669 times

Advertisements

Orlando is known to be the land where Disney, Universal Studios, and SeaWorld stand. But are there any underrated theme parks worth a try? IF so, where is it located and what is its description?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 11:42 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,516,369 times
You just named the only three theme park companies in Orlando.

The other two in Central Florida would be Legoland (Winter Haven) and Busch Gardens (Tampa).

Old 11-08-2012, 11:49 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,209,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivronOrl View Post
Orlando is known to be the land where Disney, Universal Studios, and SeaWorld stand. But are there any underrated theme parks worth a try? IF so, where is it located and what is its description?
  1. Old Town - In Kissimmee Old Town | Eat, Shop, Ride
  2. Fun Spot USA - In Kissimmee Welcome to Fun Spot Attractions
  3. Fun Spot Orlando - Orlando Welcome to Fun Spot Attractions
  4. Gatorland Gatorland
All of these are good half day parks or whole day depending on speed of attractions and desirability of length. Well priced and usually aren't as crowded

Old 11-09-2012, 05:35 AM

27,231 posts, read 44,018,252 times
Sea World to me always seems somewhat underrated though it lives in the shadow of the others so it's understandable I guess. I've always felt it's worth a visit and a nice break from the over-commercialized schmaltz of the other two.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:37 AM

65 posts, read 97,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
You just named the only three theme park companies in Orlando.

The other two in Central Florida would be Legoland (Winter Haven) and Busch Gardens (Tampa).

i don't think you mentioned are underrated.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:20 AM

1,284 posts, read 3,900,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Sea World to me always seems somewhat underrated though it lives in the shadow of the others so it's understandable I guess. I've always felt it's worth a visit and a nice break from the over-commercialized schmaltz of the other two.
I agree,Disney and Universal are the big names people go to Orlando for but I think a case could be made for Sea World being in the conversation for the best park.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:31 AM

3,979 posts, read 8,186,201 times
There is also the Holy Land Experience in Orlando. It is a small park. It is very lovely to stroll through and has some good exhibits and plays. It was very crowded when we went so hard to see the shows or even get to some, but the Bible exhibit was really interesting. It is mostly outside shows and out in direct sun with no pavilions to shade you in the hot sun. We thought it was a little expensive for what we got to see, but maybe on a week day not close to Easter, it might be worth it.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 AM

188 posts, read 277,113 times
Aquatica is pretty awesome
Wet N Wild is awsomer

Old 11-09-2012, 10:10 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,209,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
If the OP mentioned Sea World in his orginal post, with the other two which he felt wer enot underrated, why would you mention it again? Because we live local it may seem underrated, but if you've ever worked at the theme parks and what not, Sea World is on peoples' to do list and not a left over any more. Sure Disney and Universal may get more coverage for their brand but Sea World has and will continue to hold it's own weight. In the mind of people far away the Sea World in Orlando is superior to that of San Diego and San Antonio, which is why I'd say it's one of Orlando's main parks. Sea World can also be thought of as an educational park so I respect our opinion, but I disagree tha it's overshawdowed. I think Sea World is in it's own category of specifics and is doing well!

Old 11-09-2012, 03:37 PM

27,231 posts, read 44,018,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
If the OP mentioned Sea World in his original post, with the other two which he felt were not underrated, why would you mention it again? Because we live local it may seem underrated, but if you've ever worked at the theme parks and what not, Sea World is on peoples' to do list and not a left over any more. Sure Disney and Universal may get more coverage for their brand but Sea World has and will continue to hold it's own weight. In the mind of people far away the Sea World in Orlando is superior to that of San Diego and San Antonio, which is why I'd say it's one of Orlando's main parks. Sea World can also be thought of as an educational park so I respect our opinion, but I disagree that it's overshadowed. I think Sea World is in it's own category of specifics and is doing well!
The OP mentioned it but I felt it wasn't on the radar of most who visit here. I truly hope it's doing well as I have no information proving otherwise, just my overall impression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando