Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 05:52 PM

8 posts, read 27,954 times

Advertisements

Thanks to all the positive impact so far. I thought living in and around orlando would be best, but I am open to opinion on others places within florida as well. I choose florida also because there is no personal income tax and since I work online as a marketer, I would have to and have been paying taxes here in NY. My state sucks, and you literally have to have a big wallet for anything.

I make pretty good money, and I would like to start saving so here is another incentive for the move for me. If you guys think there is another place within florida, please let me know. I just thought orlando would've been optimal because thats the first thing I think, when I think florida. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
You don't want to live in Florida. There are people of all colors, all over the place. Seriously, if you want to be around white people and white people only, don't come to Florida. You won't be happy.

Orlando has crappy areas next to nice ones everywhere, too.
Also, when I mean white area I don't necessary mean all white people. I have alot of black and italian and spanish friends who are great upstanding people. My term of white just means, I don't want some dude who blacks that rapcrap and thinks he is going to be the next thug. We have too much of that in new york and its sickening to see people think they are thugs and gangsters. Think Barac Obama black,lol. And for spanish/italians, just like regular people.

I really appreciate everyone's input so far and I would love to hear more being that I have 0 experience in florida other than certain few things that I've been reading. I know alot of people hate it because its always hot, but in New York, its always cold and when its hot, its a heat wave and humidity. My state has all the seasons, but just a crap version of them. My wife and I have really bad back problems and shoveling snow will literally have me bedridden for about 2-3days.

I would just like to rent a regular place and be good to go. Eventually within a year or two, I can have enough money to buy a relatively big house for my son to grow up in.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:39 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
Orlando has crappy areas next to nice ones everywhere, too.
Clearly you're not familiar with the area. Drive around Lake Mary and get back to me about the crappy parts.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:47 PM

57 posts, read 113,744 times
I'm from Lake Mary, and absolutely love it. crime is virtually non-existant, especially compared to NY. You may get a chuckle reading the police reports knowing what the police get called out to. Plus, its pretty, very "florida", and has a downtown and excellent schools.
you seem to want a small town, but you being from new york would seem to limit alot of the small towns if you're looking for a similar culture.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:12 AM

As for similiar culture what do you mean? I just want somewhere that is nice and no crime or wansters. Do you think lake mary would be suitable for that? I don't want to hear anythinjg about dirty bodega's since we have plenty in new york and I find them gross. Are those 2 things found in lake mary?

Old 02-17-2013, 06:13 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vctrfs View Post
As for similiar culture what do you mean? I just want somewhere that is nice and no crime or wansters. Do you think lake mary would be suitable for that? I don't want to hear anythinjg about dirty bodega's since we have plenty in new york and I find them gross. Are those 2 things found in lake mary?
Lake Mary is 180 degrees away from that. You don't see "pants on the ground wannabes", the city has one of the lowest crime rates in Florida, we don't have dirty bodegas here...just Publix and hopefully soon Whole Foods as well. Welcome to Publix Super Markets, Inc.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:27 PM

16 posts, read 30,995 times
Florida for a person like you vctrfs would be perfect. There are plenty of neighborhoods that appeal to to your salary & "only whites" crowd...especially north of Orlando. I would suggest trying Jacksonville or Tampa since they're a more slower pace than Orlando. But since you're apparently afraid of diversity (ironic since you're a New Yorker), I would suggest moving even more west of Jax towards the Panhandle where 1400 a month could buy you a mansion. You would love those small towns scattered around I-10, they have everything you want: seclusion living near swamps, small minded/slightly racist rednecks, & virtually no traffic due to lack of development. What's not to like?

Old 02-20-2013, 04:26 AM

Orlando2Seattle, you misunderstood what I meant by "only whites". Being that since I am making a huge move for myself and my family, I want to move to an area where I know there won't be gangs of morons. Being from New York and seeing diversity on a daily basis is really annoying. I don't mind black poeple, I hate black scumbags who live off the government and sit around all day listening to crap music smoking weed and drinking 40's. My best friend is black and so is my sister in law and none of them are like that whatsoever. The same could be said about many different cultures as well, btw.

But I am not here to talk about that. I am here to talk about me moving down to florida with my family. I am lucky enough to work online and having the ability to move where ever I want is definetly a luxury. New York is getting more and more of a dump, from the annoying poeple who trash it constantly to the police force and abuse the law. I just want to move somewhere, where I can have my son grow up in a better environment. I don't know whether your post was a joke or you was just pissed because I want to live in an area without these so called "gangsters". If you want to live in the "hood", be my guess. I've been living there a majority or my life and this is my opportunity to run with my family to somewhere hopefully that will allow my son to growup without that.

Want to come to new york, be my guess. Just don't have anything too damn nice in a bad area, or else you won't have it for long. And also watch out for the bad drivers(mostly women in SUV) and thugs. You want to hug the world, New york is the spot to do it in buddy. Why do you think Jay-Z lives out east on long island in the rich neighborhoods in a 44 million dollar mansion. Because they would rob him daffy in the hood where he is from. Basically what I am trying to tel you personally is "don't hate"!

Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 AM

745 posts, read 1,583,324 times
Move to Portland, Oregon. Home of white people and families galore.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:30 PM

57 posts, read 113,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Lake Mary is 180 degrees away from that. You don't see "pants on the ground wannabes", the city has one of the lowest crime rates in Florida, we don't have dirty bodegas here...just Publix and hopefully soon Whole Foods as well. Welcome to Publix Super Markets, Inc.
^This. average dress includes shorts, polos, and sperry's, if that gives you an idea. hope you have some money though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando