Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 05:42 PM

174 posts, read 456,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunt View Post
There are 15 Sexual offenders\predators in zip code 34771, including one on Chisolm Estates Drive. As recent as this past December.

Just an FYI that someone with a family may want to know while doing research on this area.

I would always do a search on the FDLE website while researching an area. And while most areas in Florida will always have offenders\predators, you can decide on how CLOSE you actually would be to them in terms of real distance from a prospective home.

FDLE Florida Sexual Offenders and Predators
Not to hijack the thread but I wanted to thank markhunt for that link. I've been so busy researching schools that I completely forgot about sex offenders and that should be my top priority w/a 3 1/2 & 20 month old. Thanks for reminding me!! I completely ruled out Deltona based on this, seeing that the map I looked at had so many blue spots I couldn't see the house I loved because it was covered with them.
Thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 07:44 PM

4 posts, read 16,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
Well for you maybe driving 30/45 mins to anything is ok but some people like to be close and I`m sorry but that place is far IMO from anything worth doing.
Well I work at the airport, so a 20 min. drive is just fine. And St. Cloud has just about everything I need in a small town. Without the crime. I'm a 1/2 mile from the water, triple schweet with my watercraft And like the previous post, close to the growing medical centers in Lake Nona. And....oh how can I forget...I actually have property! And not a zero lot line like most of Orlando.

Point is, what may not be suitable for you doesn't necessarily mean it's that way for everyone. I got a great deal on my home and I love it. That's what matters.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:09 AM

561 posts, read 1,925,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoTroi View Post
Not to hijack the thread but I wanted to thank markhunt for that link. I've been so busy researching schools that I completely forgot about sex offenders and that should be my top priority w/a 3 1/2 & 20 month old. Thanks for reminding me!! I completely ruled out Deltona based on this, seeing that the map I looked at had so many blue spots I couldn't see the house I loved because it was covered with them.
Thanks again

Glad to have been able to help!

Old 09-10-2012, 02:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,934 times
Before you make statements about sexual predator's (and that is most certainly your prerogative), and things with young children should know. I certainly would want to know just HOW close a sexual predator is living to me. But, here's the thing...there are more sexual predator's around every corner, on every single block and in every town accross the entire world. Some are living right under your own roof and you don't even know it. And the only ones that are listed are the ones who have been caught. They are rampid and we the people have to join together to even try and stop this nightmare. It will take more than a small village to accomplish such a task. Sickening. But my main point is that it doesn't matter where you look or where you desire to live, THEY are everywhere!!!

Old 09-10-2012, 02:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,934 times

I would love to chat with you as I am looking for a home in the same area. I would love to know how you got the deals you got, the questions you had to ask to get these deals or any and all information you could give me as well. Also, are your utilitits provided by OUC? Electric and water? Thank you in advace for your help and response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: