Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 04:31 AM

4 posts, read 16,175 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of buying a home in the new development called Chisholm Estates - just off Narcoossee Road in St. Cloud - about 14 miles south of the Orlando International Airport. Has anyone heard anything about the builder Adams Homes? (Adams Homes - Orlando - Chisholm Estates) or the development area? I'm interested in things I should know that may persuade me to purchase or not purchase a home in this community. (Adams Homes - Orlando - Chisholm Estates)

What shopping is nearby? Wal-mart? Mall? hardware stores like Lowes?

This development is next to Chisholm Park. Is that cool? Anyone know of any issues? Thank you!

Last edited by powermixx; 10-23-2007 at 04:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 04:57 AM

442 posts, read 2,913,034 times
I do know that the area is actually called Runnymeade however its classified as a ghost town and so no its a part of St cloud...lol

Old 10-23-2007, 08:03 AM

269 posts, read 1,010,644 times
Why are you choosing there? In Real Estate it is all about Location Location Location. That is NOT a good location.

I have purchased new homes and old homes. I choose to buy lived in homes over new homes because when you get a new home, you surpringly have to do a lot of work, or pay $$ for upgrades, etc. Just choose an established community where people want to live. Then your house will sell if you ever need to sell it. (I know people who bought in new communities in bad locations...they haven't had 1 person look at their house in over 1 year)

Old 10-23-2007, 09:29 AM

442 posts, read 2,913,034 times
Right Is Right!

Old 10-23-2007, 03:02 PM

307 posts, read 2,106,780 times
i got married on our boat on lake toho near Chisholm Park. i like the community myself, it is quaint and quiet, and close to the 417 (about 10 -15min) for commuting. i have not heard anything negative about the community, and i am sure the HOA isn't outrageous either

Old 01-11-2008, 04:27 AM

4 posts, read 16,175 times
Default Well I did it!

Well I boight the house and I LOVE it! Practically stole it too with all the incentives and paid closing costs. Top it off with the extras I got on the deal, I'm extremely pleased. Now all I have to do is tough out the construction expansion of Narcoossee Road - once that begins. Woohoo!~ No more renting!

Old 01-11-2008, 04:31 AM

1,781 posts, read 6,963,479 times
If you like being away from just about everything then Chisholm is for you but other then that nothing bad that I know about.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 5,006 times
Default Narcoossee development is excellent location

I must say, respectfully, most of you don't know what you are talking about. Where I don't have a lot of wonderful comments about Adams builders (volume builder, no upgrades), the location of the development is excellent. It is only minutes from 417, and 528; 15 minutes from the airport; great location for Orlando shopping and theme parks, very close to the new Lake Nona medical complex, and so much more. Besides all that....it is steps from East Lake Toho and Chisholm Park--great amenities. Before you post erroneous information, you should really check it out.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:16 AM

561 posts, read 1,923,205 times
There are 15 Sexual offenders\predators in zip code 34771, including one on Chisolm Estates Drive. As recent as this past December.

Just an FYI that someone with a family may want to know while doing research on this area.

I would always do a search on the FDLE website while researching an area. And while most areas in Florida will always have offenders\predators, you can decide on how CLOSE you actually would be to them in terms of real distance from a prospective home.

FDLE Florida Sexual Offenders and Predators

Old 01-29-2008, 05:27 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,963,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lw713 View Post
I must say, respectfully, most of you don't know what you are talking about. Where I don't have a lot of wonderful comments about Adams builders (volume builder, no upgrades), the location of the development is excellent. It is only minutes from 417, and 528; 15 minutes from the airport; great location for Orlando shopping and theme parks, very close to the new Lake Nona medical complex, and so much more. Besides all that....it is steps from East Lake Toho and Chisholm Park--great amenities. Before you post erroneous information, you should really check it out.

Well for you maybe driving 30/45 mins to anything is ok but some people like to be close and I`m sorry but that place is far IMO from anything worth doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: