Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 07:12 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,581 times

Advertisements

Well I don't care about them but I do always keep window rolled up in case one fo them pulls a knife.

What I don't like is the way people drive in Orlando. Loud Honda Civics. And cars that aren't street legal. People get in accidents here because of a little rain.

And I'm not sure what happened but someone tailgated my girlfriend on the Turnpike and tried to run her off the road. After that I told her not to take toll roads anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 02:47 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,580,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
And I'm not sure what happened but someone tailgated my girlfriend on the Turnpike and tried to run her off the road. After that I told her not to take toll roads anymore.
Confused about what makes you think being on a toll road would make one more prone to maniacs who'd like to run you off the road in comparison to being on a non-toll road? What am I missing here??

Old 02-12-2016, 05:40 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
give em blankies... can get them for less than 1.50 on sale

Old 02-12-2016, 07:57 PM

536 posts, read 852,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
I wonder if the car tailgating Joey's gf on the Turnpike had blinking lights, given her admitted propensity for blowing thru toll booths?

Old 02-13-2016, 11:01 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
Confused about what makes you think being on a toll road would make one more prone to maniacs who'd like to run you off the road in comparison to being on a non-toll road? What am I missing here??
You're not missing anything. Scary huh?

Old 02-20-2016, 07:47 AM

60 posts, read 70,686 times
If they're standing in the street with signs and begging for money from strangers, they're clearly desperate people one way or another. I'm not sure why you have so much hate for one brand of desperation over another. In any case, I really wish people would stop giving money to them in these scenarios. It really ruins the atmosphere and encourages them to keep doing it. There are ways to help the less fortunate that don't involve creating a traffic hazard.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:43 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberwulu View Post
If they're standing in the street with signs and begging for money from strangers, they're clearly desperate people one way or another. I'm not sure why you have so much hate for one brand of desperation over another. In any case, I really wish people would stop giving money to them in these scenarios. It really ruins the atmosphere and encourages them to keep doing it. There are ways to help the less fortunate that don't involve creating a traffic hazard.
in a perfect world those with money to throw away would help stabilize them - do you know how many homeless teens going to HIGH School there are in our area?

Soaring number of homeless students concentrated in Central Florida

Soaring number of homeless children reported in Greater Orlando - Orlando Sentinel

the tri-county area identified more than 13,700 homeless students last year ----2014

Orange reported more than 6,700 — the highest homeless population in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando