Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 05:10 AM

2 posts, read 2,234 times

Advertisements

I am in the davenport florida area & I'm looking for a company to put a well in for me for irrigation purposes....does any know or have experience with a company that won't charge the earth for doing this ...thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 05:30 AM

2,962 posts, read 5,005,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey45357 View Post
I am in the davenport florida area & I'm looking for a company to put a well in for me for irrigation purposes....does any know or have experience with a company that won't charge the earth for doing this ...thanks
If you're physically able, why not DIY? Irrigation wells are usually pretty shallow in Florida.

How To Drill A Well In Your Own Backyard! - YouTube

Old 04-16-2013, 07:27 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,086,837 times
If you live in a HOA, make sure it's allowed before you go any further. Most do not allow wells.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:10 PM

152 posts, read 623,072 times
Clear Water Products an Services. They were excellent and very reasonable Curt and Judy are the owners and I cannot recommend them enough. Tel # is 407 302 4455.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:18 PM

511 posts, read 855,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
If you're physically able, why not DIY? Irrigation wells are usually pretty shallow in Florida.

How To Drill A Well In Your Own Backyard! - YouTube
Not ones with good fresh water and low tannin levels they're not, you need to get down past the limestone to get good water quality.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesickFloridian View Post
Not ones with good fresh water and low tannin levels they're not, you need to get down past the limestone to get good water quality.
The OP just wanted irrigation water, so the quality shouldn't really matter.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:41 PM

Sure it does if it's crap quality it'll stain the house, the car the sidewalks and everything it touches, ruin the pump and eventually dry out. I had no idea you were such an expert in so many things especially things well out of your personal expertise, and it seems like stalking when on EVERY thread I post on your post ironically (or not) pops just after mine?

Old 04-16-2013, 10:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,234 times
Thanks everyone for the information....every bit helps

Old 04-17-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesickFloridian View Post
Sure it does if it's crap quality it'll stain the house, the car the sidewalks and everything it touches, ruin the pump and eventually dry out. I had no idea you were such an expert in so many things especially things well out of your personal expertise, and it seems like stalking when on EVERY thread I post on your post ironically (or not) pops just after mine?
Don't flatter yourself.

I use reclaimed water from a rentention pond--total crap water and zero problems with staining, the pump, nada. I keep my car in the garage. Where it belongs.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:49 PM

I thought as much, clueless as usual, reclaimed water has been chemically treated and filtered not once but twice and has none of the staining issues that ground water does.. Even if it is just a rain water retention pond that still applies as rain water does not contain the same minerals such as tannin and most other contaminants have already settled out, most of the damaging minerals and enzymes, but I'm done debating the technical nuances of water quality and chemistry with a complete novice, you can learn from one who has more than 25 years in the business and is well past being considered an expert or continue to be silly, I won't argue the point with you anymore.. Not worth my time, my advice is to the OP he can take it or leave it..

BTW I'm not at all flattered by the unwanted attention, stalker...

Last edited by HomesickFloridian; 04-17-2013 at 07:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando