Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 10:10 PM

56 posts, read 119,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
I can't believe how soon we'll be getting the first Trader Joe's! I was ecstatic to hear they'll be opening this summer. Doctor Phillips might getting theirs before the close of the year too! This is definitely an exciting year for retail development in Orlando.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 06:25 AM

27,223 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Has anyone been over the weekend since the opening on Friday? I was wondering what the parking situation was like as the lot doesn't appear big enough for the heightened interest that happens when a TJ's opens. I plan on going this afternoon and was thinking it's probably best to look for a streetside parallel spot on one of the side streets and plan on walking a few blocks.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:20 PM

95 posts, read 390,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Has anyone been over the weekend since the opening on Friday? I was wondering what the parking situation was like as the lot doesn't appear big enough for the heightened interest that happens when a TJ's opens. I plan on going this afternoon and was thinking it's probably best to look for a streetside parallel spot on one of the side streets and plan on walking a few blocks.
Yes - I went yesterday evening. The parking lot was packed, with numerous cars waiting for a parking spot to open. We ended up parking in a small lot across the street, a few blocks away (near the Publix Liquor store). We had to walk a bit to get to TJ's, but it wasn't too bad. Hopefully after a few weeks (months?) or so, the parking situation will improve. We definitely will be back.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehsun View Post
Yes - I went yesterday evening. The parking lot was packed, with numerous cars waiting for a parking spot to open. We ended up parking in a small lot across the street, a few blocks away (near the Publix Liquor store). We had to walk a bit to get to TJ's, but it wasn't too bad. Hopefully after a few weeks (months?) or so, the parking situation will improve. We definitely will be back.
Thanks, I wound up going yesterday afternoon around 1:30 and the parking lot was packed then too. I wound up parking in the lot behind the building across 17-92 that's currently vacant. I was surprised that while there were so many cars that it wasn't that busy in the store except for a few bottlenecks, but everyone seemed happy to be there and enjoying the experience/courteous to one another...so all in all it wasn't that stressful. The checkout process was very quick which I found impressive given the circumstances. In terms of offerings it was great to see the variety of items I knew of when I shopped at TJ's up north, and nice to see many items not found locally at either Publix or Whole Foods and a considerable number of items priced well less than either. To those who say that one cannot do their primary grocery shopping at TJ's I would say they're crazy because it has everything one would need other than the processed "name brand" crap and sodas that regular grocery stores carry. Highly recommended if you like to eat more healthy options and don't find eating/food in general just a necessity.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:32 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Thanks, I wound up going yesterday afternoon around 1:30 and the parking lot was packed then too. I wound up parking in the lot behind the building across 17-92 that's currently vacant. I was surprised that while there were so many cars that it wasn't that busy in the store except for a few bottlenecks, but everyone seemed happy to be there and enjoying the experience/courteous to one another...so all in all it wasn't that stressful. The checkout process was very quick which I found impressive given the circumstances. In terms of offerings it was great to see the variety of items I knew of when I shopped at TJ's up north, and nice to see many items not found locally at either Publix or Whole Foods and a considerable number of items priced well less than either. To those who say that one cannot do their primary grocery shopping at TJ's I would say they're crazy because it has everything one would need other than the processed "name brand" crap and sodas that regular grocery stores carry. Highly recommended if you like to eat more healthy options and don't find eating/food in general just a necessity.
TJs and Aldi share many things.... family ties, and a very efficient checkout process

I've found their seafood/meat section to be lacking a bit, but that's about it

Old 07-01-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
TJs and Aldi share many things.... family ties, and a very efficient checkout process

I've found their seafood/meat section to be lacking a bit, but that's about it
Me too in the past but they've upped the offerings from what I had last seen a few years ago. They now have a nice selection of Angus Beef and Organic Chicken, but weirdly no Pork which I was going to ask about had they not been so busy.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:31 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,055,460 times
Quote:
You aren't kidding! Drove into the parking lot today to check out the situation there. Just woefully inadequate. They plan to move Ruth's Chris in there? Shake Shack? Wow, it's going to be 4Rivers on Fairbanks all over again, except even worse. That is going to be the biggest cluster in the Orlando area.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
You aren't kidding! Drove into the parking lot today to check out the situation there. Just woefully inadequate. They plan to move Ruth's Chris in there? Shake Shack? Wow, it's going to be 4Rivers on Fairbanks all over again, except even worse. That is going to be the biggest cluster in the Orlando area.
I know, I can't believe the city approved that. Coupled with the new Publix remodel at Winter Park Village and the Whole Foods complex opening a bit north at the Lee Road intersection, it's really going to clog up 17-92.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:11 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,512,388 times
I was there today. Managed to snag an awesome parking spot. The store was a bit crowded in the aisles but I'm used to the line wrapping around the entire store in NYC, so it wasn't a biggie to me. I think the shopping center is really quite pretty (especially with the lake right there), but I can't see how other businesses could possibly thrive with TJ's taking up all the parking. It was crazy.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:05 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Quote:
I know, I can't believe the city approved that. Coupled with the new Publix remodel at Winter Park Village and the Whole Foods complex opening a bit north at the Lee Road intersection, it's really going to clog up 17-92.
Can't wait to see how Sand Lake Rd handles Trader Joe's when they get one. There were so many protests against it coming in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando