Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 07:00 PM

6 posts, read 8,520 times

Advertisements

Homeless, have money, on disability and am good person with a bad rap. I have worked for my present landlady for over 5 years but couldn't no longer work and she wasn't giving up paying $100.00 per week for 7 days of work.
Where can I rent without an application/fee? 4 years ago I was acquitted of 2 counts of assault with deadly weapon. I proved my innocence yet paid an application fee for the owner to tell me he found this on my record and he is holding over $1,500.00 of my money at this point. He also said I had 3 evictions and this isn't true either. There was one wrongfull one 4 years ago when my daughter decided to take her part of my husband's death benefits across the street to help another family. I had a 12,000 pound building fall on me around this same time, went to Lakeside for a breakdown, had a horrid slip and fall in there and was living in the swamps in the woods of Bithlo and also had emergency surgery on the worse case Mirsa in history so I was taken down so bad that I couldn't make it to the court house to fight the wrongfull eveiction to prove the rent wasn't even due yet. Anyway on my way to the courthouse tomorrow to get a print out of my eviction history and criminal background. Now you now why I need a place to rent that is cheap, safe for a single woman, disabled and can't pass the application process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 07:49 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,511,056 times
I know this isn't what you're looking for, but I know there are homeless shelters for women in Orlando. Anything without an application, I can only imagine would be in a terrible area.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:03 AM

629 posts, read 1,721,560 times
Lots of people rent rooms via craigslist, that might be your best bet to find a place without having to pay an application fee
orlando rooms & shares classifieds - craigslist

Old 06-11-2013, 08:47 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Agree, your best bet would be to try to rent a room from someone. Craigslist could be a good start, just choose your housemates carefully.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:06 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Agree, your best bet would be to try to rent a room from someone. Craigslist could be a good start, just choose your housemates carefully.
I third this. Just make sure you deal with these people face to face, be honest and explain your situation. You need to make a fresh start, don't set yourself up to fail.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:08 PM

31 posts, read 49,141 times
Room for rent.
Get out of Bithlo.
Most appartments will deny your app because of your background.
Women'a shelters are usually domestic violence related, you have to prove your life is in danger.
There are some appartment complexes which overlook criminal history but they're in bad areas, even then they've restricted background checks .apply to every appartment complex you can ,the worst they can do is deny you.
Talk to realtors, explain your situation and see what they say.

Try and see if you're record can be expunged ,cleaned or ask for a clemency.
Expungement requires that if adjudication is witheld (not guilty, certain charges can be sealed but there are many which can not.
Here in volusia county, there are government offices that help with evictions, section 8 ,help with electricity bills ,they might help with advice ....there are offices in Orlando too, call 411.

Good luck .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: