Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 09:26 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times

Advertisements

Depends on the crime.

You have to look past the scary 'headine' statistics and examine what the real issues are. I remember reading that the number one crime in Orlando is identity theft. Not fun but certainly not the same as being held up at gunpoint.

Tourists let their guard down and people take advantage. Take the same precautions in Orlando as you would anywhere else, like don't leave your car unlocked with valuables inside and visible at Xmas-time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 09:31 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlwl8521 View Post
I where should I move to if I want to make sure my family isn't gonna get robbed, carjacked, raped, or murdered?

Right now the only place close to us is the Moon.
Otherwise, anywhere on this planet is not a good choice anymore

Old 07-26-2013, 12:37 PM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHomunculus View Post
Sadly, it's true. Chicago gets a bad rep because the President had ties with the city
Seriously?

Old 07-26-2013, 01:23 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,364,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Seriously?
What I meant is that Chicago becomes a target and national spotlight for many because it is an easy way for anti-Obama folks (and gun rights advocates) to attack the President. Typical arguments are "Chicago is a liberal and corrupt cesspool. That is the same city of Odumbo/Obama Hussein/etc. etc. etc." It can be seen on Yahoo.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:43 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
Quote:
Some rankings and polls, "crimes per capita" data is pretty cut and dried.
Cut and Dried or not, I don't seriously believe that Ft. Pierce Florida is more dangerous than here or Compton, CA. You give me choice on where I would rather walk at night, I"ll take Ft. Pierce.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:12 PM

251 posts, read 637,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Cut and Dried or not, I don't seriously believe that Ft. Pierce Florida is more dangerous than here or Compton, CA. You give me choice on where I would rather walk at night, I"ll take Ft. Pierce.
Many people are talking like we are still living in the hey day of the crack era. Compton hasn't been that really bad in 20 years.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:16 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,147,258 times
Quote:

Where should I move to if I want to make sure my family isn't gonna get robbed, carjacked, raped, or murdered?
LOTS of places!

I'd stay away from the east side of I-4 in the downtown area south of 50, but other than that, downtown has great places to live from the condo high rises around Lake Eola, Thornton Park Colonialtown where I live, and College Park. Even the Conway area right around the lakes is quite nice (but yes it does get a little sketchy just outside of the chain of lakes)

Just beyond Downtown there is Winter Park which is probably one of the nicest and most desirable areas in the country (if you can afford it). Then out in the suburbs you have Windermere, Dr. Phillips, Lake Nona, Lake Mary, Winter Springs, Oviedo. All are area's I consider quite safe and would have no concerns walking the dog at night.

Just stay out of the really bad area's and stay away from drugs. Get an alarm system or a dog and sleep well!

Old 07-27-2013, 09:31 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHomunculus View Post
What I meant is that Chicago becomes a target and national spotlight for many because it is an easy way for anti-Obama folks (and gun rights advocates) to attack the President. Typical arguments are "Chicago is a liberal and corrupt cesspool. That is the same city of Odumbo/Obama Hussein/etc. etc. etc." It can be seen on Yahoo.
Oh I know, if one (with a conscience) ever wants to become more afraid for what this country is becoming.....read Yahoo comments on political news or any news for that matter.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:42 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
Oh I know, if one (with a conscience) ever wants to become more afraid for what this country is becoming.....read Yahoo comments on political news or any news for that matter.
Yes, that is some scary stuff.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:59 AM

399 posts, read 719,824 times
Quote:
well, what's it like for you in miami?
Yesterday there was a mass shooting. At least 2 dead and some people were taken hostage. Doesn't happen every day, but violent crimes is not uncommon. In the area where I live it's not bad. You can jog at night, but you always have to be weary of your surroundings. Bad elements can strike decent areas at any time. My impression of Orlando when I visited was that it was slower paced. People were friendlier. I came off with a good impression for the most part. What I've heard it's a more family friendly place which I like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando