Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 01:58 PM

48 posts, read 101,561 times

Advertisements

I am preparing for a move to Orlando from the northeast, and will be checking out some apartment complexes in October. One of the ones I'm interested in has a 1 bedroom apartment available that includes all utilities for $745 in Winter Park. It seems that most apartments in this complex, however, do not include utilities.

Questions:

1) In your opinion, is finding an apartment that includes all utilities considered a huge score, or is it more likely that it's some kind of scam?

2) Is it weird for a huge apartment complex to have some apartments that include utilities while others in the same complex don't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 02:55 PM

27,188 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojitoMe View Post
I am preparing for a move to Orlando from the northeast, and will be checking out some apartment complexes in October. One of the ones I'm interested in has a 1 bedroom apartment available that includes all utilities for $745 in Winter Park. It seems that most apartments in this complex, however, do not include utilities.

Questions:

1) In your opinion, is finding an apartment that includes all utilities considered a huge score, or is it more likely that it's some kind of scam?

2) Is it weird for a huge apartment complex to have some apartments that include utilities while others in the same complex don't?
Thought would be an emphatic yes. It's not unusual to see utilities included in older buildings (particularly up north) where splitting everything up is too cost prohibitive but haven't seen that here. What complex is this?

Old 08-26-2013, 04:47 PM

388 posts, read 790,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Thought would be an emphatic yes. It's not unusual to see utilities included in older buildings (particularly up north) where splitting everything up is too cost prohibitive but haven't seen that here. What complex is this?
That, and any apt claiming to be in WP and under $750/month is going to be in an awful area, aka Semoron.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:19 PM

The complex is Sun Bay Apartments. Seems like it's a fairly new complex, and the pictures online seem impressive (but it's pretty easy to advertise falsely online, so I'm reserving judgment until I see it in person). I was hoping that since it was in Winter Park, the neighborhood wouldn't be sketchy.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:41 PM

158 posts, read 371,740 times
It's definitely not a newer complex. It was built in '74. Reading the reviews, it does seem to have a problem with sketchy people, but I'd be more concerned with the roach problem.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:45 PM

I never really know how much to believe those apartment ratings websites. The reviews always seem so outrageously awful as to border on the absurd, or else half the reviews are glowing and positive while the other half are trash talking the place.

Are there any decent apartment complexes in Winter Park with 1 bedrooms in the $650-$750 range? I've tried searching through this forum and online without much luck even though everyone keeps recommending that you can't go wrong with Winter Park.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:22 PM

3,262 posts, read 4,998,620 times
Check out this thread. Apparently there are parts of Winter Park that aren't so nice. //www.city-data.com/forum/orlan...ht=winter+park

Old 08-27-2013, 04:29 AM

27,188 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Are there any decent apartment complexes in Winter Park with 1 bedrooms in the $650-$750 range? I've tried searching through this forum and online without much luck even though everyone keeps recommending that you can't go wrong with Winter Park.
Check out Winter Park Village which is well west of 436 off of Aloma and out of the sketchy area of Winter Park. It has apartments in your price range.
http://www.winterparkvillage.com/Gallery.aspx

Old 08-27-2013, 06:01 PM

492 posts, read 1,024,925 times
I was going to make the same suggestion as Kyle. I know they start in your price range, but I've heard they are quite small. Convenient to everything, though.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:53 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,747,309 times
Quote:
I never really know how much to believe those apartment ratings websites. The reviews always seem so outrageously awful as to border on the absurd, or else half the reviews are glowing and positive while the other half are trash talking the place.

If the complaints are about maintenance and/or rude management, I'll take the chance. Most likely, those people are likely rude themselves. I've been good so far.

If it's about safety (like all the bad reviews of Metrowest area apartments), I'll pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando