Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 06:39 PM

329 posts, read 699,898 times

Advertisements

http://goo.gl/maps/3Vhks

Some of the parking jobs looking around in the angled view make me die of laughter, some people trapped by cars on the grass islands to people parking on entrances to unused/abandoned properties.

But damn, really, they are making a killing obviously, having THIS many customers. It has been like this every time I went there, I recently moved back to Ohio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 04:37 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,585 times
That place as always been a mess with parking. The one by Disney added a two story garage and it's still a disaster too.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:24 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,891,599 times
YESS parking, and traffic is outrageous don't get me started on back to School... I almost gave out of gas waiting on traffic to move. They should really add parking garages over the current Parking Lots. Also, I think this place gets an award for being one of the most diverse places on the Planet never heard so many different languages in my life.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:48 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
YESS parking, and traffic is outrageous don't get me started on back to School... I almost gave out of gas waiting on traffic to move. They should really add parking garages over the current Parking Lots. Also, I think this place gets an award for being one of the most diverse places on the Planet never heard so many different languages in my life.
Which is the reason why the Premium Outlets, and most stores at the Florida Mall and Millenia are even thriving. Without the international tourists who are scoring deals most retailers wouldn't be there. I've never seen so many places selling luggage than when I visited the Premium Outlets. International tourists were buying luggage left and right to fill with purchases to bring home.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:14 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Which is the reason why the Premium Outlets, and most stores at the Florida Mall and Millenia are even thriving. Without the international tourists who are scoring deals most retailers wouldn't be there. I've never seen so many places selling luggage than when I visited the Premium Outlets. International tourists were buying luggage left and right to fill with purchases to bring home.
Yeah I'm sure those poor folks in Windermere, Dr Phillips and winter park are sticking to Walmart and target when they get their paycheck

Old 09-03-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yeah I'm sure those poor folks in Windermere, Dr Phillips and winter park are sticking to Walmart and target when they get their paycheck
Yep, pretty much. I work in retail and am well aware of the situation at Milennia and Florida Mall (and the Premium Outlets), and know that if it weren't for the international tourist trade most if not all of the high end specialty retailers would have pulled out of both malls because very little of their business is from locals. Some have already not renewed their leases and have simply left the area altogether. The Premium Outlets are a well-documented case in point. It's pretty well-known that those "poor folks" in the area you refer to do not support local retailers, as evidenced by the similar demographic in Heathrow, Alaqua, Alaqua Lakes, Magnolia Plantation and Wingfield (to name a few) that allowed Seminole Towne Center to go down the toilet. That, or there simply isn't enough of them which might very well be the case in both areas. Likely the case since Doctor Phillips and Windermere carry a staggering population of around 12,000....

Old 09-03-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Yep, pretty much. I work in retail and am well aware of the situation at Milennia and Florida Mall (and the Premium Outlets), and know that if it weren't for the international tourist trade most if not all of the high end specialty retailers would have pulled out of both malls because very little of their business is from locals. Some have already not renewed their leases and have simply left the area altogether. The Premium Outlets are a well-documented case in point. It's pretty well-known that those "poor folks" in the area you refer to do not support local retailers, as evidenced by the similar demographic in Heathrow, Alaqua, Alaqua Lakes, Magnolia Plantation and Wingfield (to name a few) that allowed Seminole Towne Center to go down the toilet. That, or there simply isn't enough of them which might very well be the case in both areas. Likely the case since Doctor Phillips and Windermere carry a staggering population of around 12,000....

Dr Phillips alone has nearly 11K people, and yes, let's ignore the 30,000 people living Winter Park. Just because you don't work at the local ferrari or maserati dealership doesn't mean they aren't doing business And trust me, international people would rather buy their ferraris in London or Paris, not Orlando.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Dr Phillips alone has nearly 11K people, and yes, let's ignore the 30,000 people living Winter Park. Just because you don't work at the local ferrari or maserati dealership doesn't mean they aren't doing business And trust me, international people would rather buy their ferraris in London or Paris, not Orlando.
How did cars get dragged into this? We're talking consumer goods sold at malls. Dr Phillips, Winter Park and Windermere combined do not have enough population or disposable income to float the upscale retail in this area, and neither does the rest of the metro area apparently.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
How did cars get dragged into this? We're talking consumer goods sold at malls. Dr Phillips, Winter Park and Windermere combined do not have enough population or disposable income to float the upscale retail in this area, and neither does the rest of the metro area apparently.
Why split hairs? You're insinuating that Orlando can't support high end retailers without international tourists. I subsequently call your bs assertion into question with regard to high end cars, another form of luxury consumer good and somehow that doesn't count??

Sorry but international guests aren't buying at the local porsche, lambo, ferrari or maserati dealer, locals are.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Why split hairs? You're insinuating that Orlando can't support high end retailers without international tourists. I subsequently call your bs assertion into question with regard to high end cars, another form of luxury consumer good and somehow that doesn't count??

Sorry but international guests aren't buying at the local porsche, lambo, ferrari or maserati dealer, locals are.
Clearly you're unable to process but there is a difference between a product where 10 to 12 units worth of sales per year is sufficient to stay in business versus one where 24 to 36 units per day are necessary to stay afloat. The Orlando metro area does not have that kind of demographic density without international tourists, like it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando