Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 11:31 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,979 times

Advertisements

I'll name a couple of them and you can pick one or say another mall that isn't mentioned if you want.......Why do you like this particular mall or why don't you like it?

Here is a list of some malls in Orlando

1)Orlando Fashion Square Mall
2)Altamonte Mall
3)Florida Mall
4)West Oaks Mall
5)The Oviedo Market Place
6)Seminole Town Centre

The mall i feel most comfortable at is the Altamonte Mall because i used to work in there and i lived across the street from there. The Altamonte Mall is you're typicall looking mall, but there is a really nice movie theater next door and an awesome lake/park....there is also more shopping and resturants around the area then other malls i can think of......I just like the overall atmosphere over there.....it seems that you are in a real action filled suburb.

The mall I don't like is the West Oaks Mall because it's closer to the ghetto than other malls and it just feels weird to me like it's dead even though there might be lots of people there

which malls do you choose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 11:30 AM

170 posts, read 753,466 times
never been to the west oaks mall, but i felt the florida mall was fairly ghetto. apart from that i would say they are all fairly nice, oviedo market place is probably one of the more unique malls ive been to

Old 11-22-2007, 05:16 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,963,479 times
Altamonte Mall is my favorite I like the fashon square also the oviedo mall is cool but too small.

The west oaks is big but too many hoodlums hanging around outside it`s more like a teenie bopper mall then for families.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:04 PM

7 posts, read 40,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
I'll name a couple of them and you can pick one or say another mall that isn't mentioned if you want.......Why do you like this particular mall or why don't you like it?

Here is a list of some malls in Orlando

1)Orlando Fashion Square Mall
2)Altamonte Mall
3)Florida Mall
4)West Oaks Mall
5)The Oviedo Market Place
6)Seminole Town Centre

The mall i feel most comfortable at is the Altamonte Mall because i used to work in there and i lived across the street from there. The Altamonte Mall is you're typicall looking mall, but there is a really nice movie theater next door and an awesome lake/park....there is also more shopping and resturants around the area then other malls i can think of......I just like the overall atmosphere over there.....it seems that you are in a real action filled suburb.

The mall I don't like is the West Oaks Mall because it's closer to the ghetto than other malls and it just feels weird to me like it's dead even though there might be lots of people there

which malls do you choose?
There is also Millenia Mall. Newer, and very nice. It is upscale and a little pricey, but I enjoy it. I also like ALtamonte. I don;t care for Fashion Square, and West Oaks is full of kids.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:06 PM

7 posts, read 40,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich renter View Post
never been to the west oaks mall, but i felt the florida mall was fairly ghetto. apart from that i would say they are all fairly nice, oviedo market place is probably one of the more unique malls ive been to
I am a serious shopper, but I have never been to Oviedo Marketplace

Old 11-23-2007, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLsince2001 View Post
There is also Millenia Mall. Newer, and very nice. It is upscale and a little pricey, but I enjoy it. I also like ALtamonte. I don;t care for Fashion Square, and West Oaks is full of kids.
Yeah i forgot to mention Millenia Mall.....I really dont like that mall too much...i feel out of place there like i dont have enough money or something..but it is nice and clean though with some fancy shops

Old 11-23-2007, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLsince2001 View Post
I am a serious shopper, but I have never been to Oviedo Marketplace

I kinda like the way the Oviedo Marketplace is layed out but it is kinda small but it is a little different looking than the average mall inside...it kinda reminds me of Sawgrass Mills in Ft.Lauderdale

Old 11-23-2007, 03:49 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,282,442 times
Hey thatspecial I used to live across from the Altamonte Mall too and LOVED it. I would walk over there on days like today and miss it so much!

Old 11-23-2007, 04:25 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
We live closest to the Seminole Mall but we also frequent the Altamonte Mall. My daugther likes the Disney Store so we get that at the Seminole Mall but in order to visit Build A Bear Workshop we have to go down to Altamonte, not really convenient but it could be worse I guess.

I haven't been to the Mall at the Millenia but I will be down there one of these days to check out Ikea, maybe I will stop there then.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:21 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,949 times
LOL Oveido market place. Brings back memories.... I lived in Orlando for a couple of years (went to UCF) and I remember spending HOURS roaming the Oveido Marketplace! I think I had class like 2 days a week so I spent the rest of my time being a bum. I window shopped, mostly, but I remember thinking how dead it was during the daytime hours. My bf and I went to the movies there one tuesday night and I swear we were the ONLY ones there. It was hiliarious-- I'd never been in an empty theater before. But I really enjoyed the mall- it was small, safe, and there was a Ben & Jerry's there so it was just fine by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando