Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 09:07 AM

6 posts, read 12,474 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone,

I am moving into an apartment in downtown Orlando one week from today. The apartment is just over a mile away from Lake Eola.

I need to fully furnish this apartment as quickly as possible after I move in, so I need some suggestions for furniture stores. I need couches, a bedroom set, coffee/end tables, basically everything.

I've done some Google searching and I found American Freight, American Signature, Furniture Wholesale Outlet, and the IKEA. I'm a 23-year-old guy, fresh out of college, so I don't have a fortune to spend.

If you could suggest some good/affordable places to visit, that would be a great help.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 09:37 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Definitely check out Craigslist. You'll be amazed what you can get on there for the price and quality. Furniture can be very expensive, so it's a great option. You can also check out Big Lots.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:46 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Kanes and Rooms To Go for inexpensive furniture.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:34 PM

6 posts, read 12,474 times
Has anyone ever personally dealt with Kane's? I went on their website and I like some of their pieces, but their reviews online are horrible.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:03 PM

698 posts, read 960,187 times
Your young and just starting out, take your time, don't buy new and you'll save a lot of money.

If your living in an apartment complex, check out the stuff people leave behind when they move out.

Garage Sales - Tis the season and I've seen high end, like new furniture at garage sales. The secret is shopping in the upscale neighborhoods

If you absolutely have to have new, consider checking out some of the futon places. There are some very comfortable futon mattresses that can be used as a bed and much cheaper than a regular mattress.

Good luck with your move

Last edited by VTGal; 05-20-2014 at 07:14 PM..

Old 05-20-2014, 07:23 PM

626 posts, read 976,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmahan View Post
Hey Everyone,

I am moving into an apartment in downtown Orlando one week from today. The apartment is just over a mile away from Lake Eola.

I need to fully furnish this apartment as quickly as possible after I move in, so I need some suggestions for furniture stores. I need couches, a bedroom set, coffee/end tables, basically everything.

I've done some Google searching and I found American Freight, American Signature, Furniture Wholesale Outlet, and the IKEA. I'm a 23-year-old guy, fresh out of college, so I don't have a fortune to spend.

If you could suggest some good/affordable places to visit, that would be a great help.

Thanks!

IKEA. You can get a Futon there which folds out into a bed! Couches are cheap and we bought an end table there for $7. There called LACKE in all colors. Lamps are cheap.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:45 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Craigslist, Ikea and American signature are all good cheap options. Ikea gets annoying to assemble after awhile

Old 05-21-2014, 01:47 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmahan View Post
Has anyone ever personally dealt with Kane's? I went on their website and I like some of their pieces, but their reviews online are horrible.
My kitchen furniture came from Kanes. It's not high quality, but for what we paid for it, I didn't expect it to be. We bought it expecting to replace it in five years. It's now almost 10 years later, and at this point we are giving it another five years--maybe more. It gets a lot of use.

They delivered on time. NOthign special about the delivery--much different than the guys from Ethan Allen, but again, for what we paid...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando