Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2014, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,336 times

Advertisements

I hope to move from Ocean County New Jersey to Orange County Florida. I've been doing some research, and to me Windermere seems like a nice place. But I haven't been down to Florida in a few years. So what is it like? I have no dependencies so I don't worry about stuff like schools. I just want to know about the area. What it's like to live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 07:34 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,074,028 times
Pretty, some well to do. Boring though.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:44 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,509,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelPL View Post
I hope to move from Ocean County New Jersey to Orange County Florida. I've been doing some research, and to me Windermere seems like a nice place. But I haven't been down to Florida in a few years. So what is it like? I have no dependencies so I don't worry about stuff like schools. I just want to know about the area. What it's like to live there.
There's two parts to it. Old Windermere is a very affluent, beautiful area with huge oak trees arching over the roadways. There's a very small downtown area, the speed limit is really low throughout (30 MPH and they will enforce that.

New Windermere is out back along 535 and Ream Rd. This area is made up of mass construction developments where they come in, bulldoze the trees down, and then pop up hundreds of houses right next to each other. It's cheaper than the old area, though.

Both parts are quiet and safe.

Old Windermere is closer to Dr. Phillips, where there are a bunch of restaurants, bars, shops, etc. There's also I-4 access there. New Windermere is a bit further out.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:09 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,914,539 times
its pretty nice, some areas real nice...and some just ok...like mentioned above, house after house... theyve seen some crime lately too. its probably changing a bit, like most of Central FL has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando