Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 01:50 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times

Advertisements

Hey I'm a 30's single as well. I agree with you downtown gets more boring the older I get, yet I still go DT frequently. But I completely get what you're saying...it was awesome years ago when I was only a few years older than the typical college age crowd that is downtown. But I have found new places that I still enjoy. Pete's recommendation has worked out well for me. Ivanhoe village and up and down Virginia are pretty good, especially on Sundays. I like Thornton Park on the weekends as well, it's even better once football season starts. I like Graffiti Junktion, Dexters and Wildfires. College Park is a little more mature scene, but some singles think too mature as it is alot of young families with kids. I like WP and Sand Lake but they can be a little pricey and you do have to watch for gold diggers as some one else mentioned. Another under the radar place is Altamonte Springs. There's a good crowd at Alehouse and Bahama Breeze starting on Thursdays. On the other side of I4 there's a new little scene developing along 434. There's a new Graffiti Junk, and few other sports bars on the corner of Wekiva Springs and 434. A little further down by 434 and Jamestown are a few bars including a new Caramel. Casselberry also has some local dive spots but it can get a little weird, which is fine if that's your thing. I also went to Art Walk in Thornton Park a few weeks ago and was surprised at the turnout. Lots of young singles. I'm not sure of your background, but I've said it many times before, my experiences here may be a little different because I grew up here so I still run into people from my past. Hence I tend to run into more people my age as well as the younger singles. Best of luck man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 02:47 PM

46 posts, read 74,852 times
I live off Palm Springs in Altamonte and just went to Bahama Breeze for the first time last Friday night, it was packed with people having a good time. We left there and went to Kiwi's Pub which is west of I-4 on 436, just before 434. That was also a pretty good time, although I hardly remember it..

Old 08-27-2014, 02:50 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbosa View Post
although I hardly remember it..
That means it was a REALLY good time.

Last edited by Crane's Rooster; 08-27-2014 at 03:47 PM..

Old 08-27-2014, 07:14 PM

331 posts, read 1,051,957 times
Good call on the Hammered Lamb, I went there for trivia on a Tuesday nights a few weeks ago and had a blast. They also have an outdoor area where there is live music on the weekends too. Also there's Oblivion Taproom, Redlight Redlight, and Johnny's fillin station, theses are restaurants/bars with great craft beer selection. I recently went to the Woods that was dt and which was a pretty chill place, not outside but just somewhere different. They specialize in whiskey but had some beers (they were expensive :/). I hope you find what you are looking for!

Old 08-28-2014, 06:43 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,051,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehB33nz View Post
Good call on the Hammered Lamb, I went there for trivia on a Tuesday nights a few weeks ago and had a blast. They also have an outdoor area where there is live music on the weekends too. Also there's Oblivion Taproom, Redlight Redlight, and Johnny's fillin station, theses are restaurants/bars with great craft beer selection. I recently went to the Woods that was dt and which was a pretty chill place, not outside but just somewhere different. They specialize in whiskey but had some beers (they were expensive :/). I hope you find what you are looking for!
I was going to mention the Woods as well for that exact reason. More mature crowd, laid back, more professional. Same applies to the Courtesy.

Old 09-02-2022, 01:32 PM

22 posts, read 22,740 times
Default 8 years later...

How did it turn out for Eagle now that 8 years have passed? I'm mid40s, single, never married, no kids, and considering a move to the area. I'm horrible at dating, obviously, so I may just be interested in the likelihood of being able to find a friend or 2 so I can speak to a human a bit deeper than surface level a few times a month.

Old 09-02-2022, 01:59 PM

17,134 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasnell76 View Post
How did it turn out for Eagle now that 8 years have passed? I'm mid40s, single, never married, no kids, and considering a move to the area. I'm horrible at dating, obviously, so I may just be interested in the likelihood of being able to find a friend or 2 so I can speak to a human a bit deeper than surface level a few times a month.
Baldwin Park would be a top choice for me.

Old 09-02-2022, 03:02 PM

27,167 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasnell76 View Post
Lake Mary as previously mentioned would be a great option, the Colonial Town Park area in particular and also nearby Downtown Sanford which has many bars, breweries and restaurants as well as many street events.

https://www.historicdowntownsanford.com/visitors-guide/
https://www.shopcolonialtownpark.com/

Old 09-02-2022, 09:32 PM

17,134 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Lake Mary as previously mentioned would be a great option, the Colonial Town Park area in particular and also nearby Downtown Sanford which has many bars, breweries and restaurants as well as many street events.

https://www.historicdowntownsanford.com/visitors-guide/
https://www.shopcolonialtownpark.com/
Lake Mary/Sanford is just so much more family oriented though… vs a place like Baldwin Park. I lived in both. It was night and day.
In Baldwin Park, you can easily wake up, walk to yoga, go to work, take a shower, then walk down to the pub or whatever to mingle, or just meet people on the trail. It’s the perfect environment for that.

Old 09-03-2022, 11:23 AM

27,167 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Lake Mary/Sanford is just so much more family oriented though… vs a place like Baldwin Park. I lived in both. It was night and day.
In Baldwin Park, you can easily wake up, walk to yoga, go to work, take a shower, then walk down to the pub or whatever to mingle, or just meet people on the trail. It’s the perfect environment for that.
Downtown Sanford is not "family-oriented" and would suggest a revisit/refresher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando