Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 05:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,977 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone,

Wish i didnt have to jump into this forum in this way.First of all I am 38 years old my Wife is 30 and we have two daughters 9 and 8

We are from California and was relocating out here with Some friends of ours.We took a 5 day road trip and my wife and i paid all expenses for us and the other couple and thier kids.Food,Gas,Lodging(2 Rooms a night) etc etc

The agreement was that they had a condo out here or thier parents did dont remember which one and once we got out here we would live in thier condo untill my family was able to get an apt and move out on our own.

The day we arrived we all went out to dinner at T.G.I.F.Everything was going fine then the couple had an argument and they stormed outside about 15 minutes later the Wife came in and grabbed her children and walked out we waited dumbfoundly at the table but they never came back.I sent my wife out abut 10 minutes later to see if everything was ok and they were gone and left us only 2 bags of our luggage,sitting out in the parking lot.

WoW what friends huh took the money i had left over and paid for the dinner and was able to get one hotel room.Now we are so stuck,do not know the area that well we have called a few shelters but none have any opening available.we have been sleeping at the airport on some nights doing time shares to make some money here or thier just for food and shelter but we do not have any options available anymore.tried to call some churches or even see some to just stop by and ask for help but none say they have funding

Now today i had to go out and pan handle to make money for a room tonight on xmas eve,i went out and cut a small tree down for our tree and decorated it with some popcorn i got free at a restaraunt.my kids will not have any toys or presents to open tomorrow and i feel bad for putting them through all of this.i just want to go back home or find help for my family so we dont have to go through this

Any kind of asistance is apprciated if you know of any resources that will help my family out

God bless you all and merry xmas

Old 12-24-2007, 08:17 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,211,630 times
So let me get this straight, first you haven't even called your friends to see whats up, second you leave no contact info. like no cell phone, and third you have internet access. I smell a phony, sorry.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:20 PM

6 posts, read 6,959 times
oh man, i feel terrible. is there anyone (family) that can help??? where are u staying now???

Old 12-24-2007, 10:33 PM

299 posts, read 1,333,157 times
You mentioned they left you only two bags of luggage. That inffers there was more stuff. Did you call the police for your other items - that is theft.

Old 12-25-2007, 03:25 AM

135 posts, read 711,364 times
so you come all the way out here with no jobs lined up and you don't even know exactly where you were going to stay in the first place? where are you getting internet?

Old 12-25-2007, 05:14 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,030,607 times
Sell the computer. Go to McDonalds. Fill out application.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:33 AM

2 posts, read 3,977 times
Have no cell phone and like i stated i got money for a hotel room last night which has internet access in the lobby and what would be my point in placing this story for phony purposes i didnt request money or a free place to stay all i did was ask what resources were available in orlando where i could go to recieve assistance or shelter or just say a prayer for my family obviously this isnt the right forum to ask for guidance thank you for your time

Old 12-25-2007, 09:08 AM

6 posts, read 6,959 times
Some of you all should be ashamed of yourself for the things you said to this guy. What if he is serious? What a good impression some of you left with him.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:46 AM

765 posts, read 2,637,584 times
I was baout to say what Return2CD said. No wonder Orlando has a rep as being the angriest city in America!

BTW, if this really is true, it sounds as if the "friends" of this guy had all this planned out to get their trip paid for and the fight was staged.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:51 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,187,952 times
Call the Salvation Army and ask them for assistance. Call the police and fill out a report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando