Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 08:34 AM

23 posts, read 31,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmco View Post
My daughter just purchased a condo in The Grande after living there for two years. Loves it, affordable for a young person and it is very well maintained with nice amenities. Post Parkside is gorgeous!

Hello cdmco,

Since I already have a condo in the DC area, I plan to rent for a year or so in Orlando to get my bearings for the city. Do you have any idea how much a one bedroom rental would be at Post Parkside? $1500? $2000?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 08:49 AM

24 posts, read 38,751 times
Hi The Saab,
Post Parkside one bedrooms generally range from approximately $1100/month for a studio to $1600/month for a one bedroom/2 bath. Not sure if there are any additional fees for parking or if it's included. Utilities are generally extra, although water may be included. This info should be readily available online, though! If you want to rent very short term, they do offer corporate apartments with one bedrooms starting at around $105/night. Good luck with your decision!

Old 09-09-2014, 10:51 AM

Thanks, cdmco.

I noticed a few apartments north of the Bank of America Center. I didn't walk much past the BOA Center as that is where my office is located. How are those neighborhoods? A couple of complexes that showed up on realtor dot com were:

668 North Orange Avenue
860 North Orange Avenue

Old 09-09-2014, 01:48 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,052,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saab View Post
Thanks, cdmco.

I noticed a few apartments north of the Bank of America Center. I didn't walk much past the BOA Center as that is where my office is located. How are those neighborhoods? A couple of complexes that showed up on realtor dot com were:

668 North Orange Avenue
860 North Orange Avenue
The neighborhood right on that intersection is not going to give you the same quality of life as living around Lake Eola. Colonial is a very busy street. However, check out the new NORA building which is opening soon just north of there (link below). It is a really nice building...all concrete construction which blows away everything else around there. The other apartments are decent, but this place is more upscale and away from Colonial. It is also a short walk away from the Ivanhoe Village area just further up north on Orange which is its own laid back nightlife/dining/shopping area. More eclectic vibe. You can call an Ocartz to get downtown to the bars for $4.

Live NORA | 1 & 2 BEDROOM DOWNTOWN ORLANDO APARTMENTS FOR RENT | ORLANDO APARTMENTS DOWNTOWN

Old 09-11-2014, 04:10 AM

Those are nice areas, and you get a little more bang for your buck than being right in downtown. It's not far at all, just not what I would consider walking distance to downtown, Amway, etc. There is another new development going up called the Ivy, also north of downtown. All of those buildings are pretty new, as is Steelhouse if you saw that. I think you will have plenty of beautiful properties to choose from, and you don't need to spend a lot to live in a nice place.

Old 09-11-2014, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmco View Post
Those are nice areas, and you get a little more bang for your buck than being right in downtown. It's not far at all, just not what I would consider walking distance to downtown, Amway, etc. There is another new development going up called the Ivy, also north of downtown. All of those buildings are pretty new, as is Steelhouse if you saw that. I think you will have plenty of beautiful properties to choose from, and you don't need to spend a lot to live in a nice place.
Thanks, cdmco. I plan to fly back to Orlando in October/November for a three day weekend to check out 4-5 buildings - a few near Lake Eola and a couple of buildings north of downtown. Coming from a place like DC, where my one bedroom condo is around 400k, I think Orlando will be a breath of fresh air.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:12 AM

Pete, the NORA building looks nice! Thanks for the link.

The Saab, I like the areas closer to Lake Eola and downtown, but do check out the buildings on North Orange and East Colonial to compare. Also, see if there's anything on Court in downtown, nice buildings there. My daughter has friends that rent at East Colonial and another lives at the Vue.

If you visit on a weekend, check out the Farmer's Market at Lake Eola, it's hopping! Also, if the food truck rodeo is happening in the Milk District when you visit, check that out, too. It's near Bumby, not far from downtown at all. Usually occurs on Tuesday nights and has a diverse crowd and good food. I think you would find people to chat with at any of these places and maybe you'd get some inside info that can guide you further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando