Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 08:53 AM

46 posts, read 74,912 times

Advertisements

annerk I hate to tell you, but unless your nephew's g/f is extremely different from the average 20-something of this generation, that relationship will not see 2 years of long distance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 08:58 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Unfortunately, your nephew is the exception rather than the rule.

Some young people actually have what it takes to succeed. They have the drive. The ambition and the guts to strive to move forward instead of wallowing in their sorrows complaining and not moving forward.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:13 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbosa View Post
annerk I hate to tell you, but unless your nephew's g/f is extremely different from the average 20-something of this generation, that relationship will not see 2 years of long distance.
They already spent two years long distance when they were teens and she moved with her parents to where they live now. She graduated high school and came back here, went to Valencia while working f/t and got her LPN. She had the opportunity to enroll in a specialty BSRN with a generous aid package near her parents house and decided they could spend another two years apart to get the degree plus the special certification.

They considered having him move with her (her parents had no problem with him moving into their home) but decided that he's got a good, stable job here and it would be better if he stayed instead of moving to an area which would have poor employment opportunity potential for him. He's flying out to spend a week with her in late January.

Obviously they are quite different then the average 25 year old's these days.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:24 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Why are you guys so hot and bothered on some article which can be very well biased based on the writer almost like their advertising for certain parts of the country. People are ranting about the economy being bad or not creating enough high wage jobs. Well this day and age only certain sectors of the economy are above livable wage. Vote out Rick Scott and maybe you will stop seeing this fantasy of trickle down economics. Something came out about Tampa to recently. I don't what is in the water lately with negative press about Florida but I feel like it is almost on purpose for people to wake up and see who they elected into office. Rick Scott is not very liked by anybody really. New companies and developments are making their way to Orlando slowly as times goes on.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:51 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
Why are you guys so hot and bothered on some article which can be very well biased based on the writer almost like their advertising for certain parts of the country. People are ranting about the economy being bad or not creating enough high wage jobs. Well this day and age only certain sectors of the economy are above livable wage. Vote out Rick Scott and maybe you will stop seeing this fantasy of trickle down economics. Something came out about Tampa to recently. I don't what is in the water lately with negative press about Florida but I feel like it is almost on purpose for people to wake up and see who they elected into office. Rick Scott is not very liked by anybody really. New companies and developments are making their way to Orlando slowly as times goes on.
Perhaps you can explain where Rick Scott was using trickle down economics?

Old 10-14-2014, 04:31 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
I don't know how we got into politics- they come and go and not always the "Gov". who really has much to do with all aspect of an economy- if its going good- it is their doing-- if it's bad it's the predecessors fault! -

Old 10-15-2014, 08:31 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I don't know how we got into politics- they come and go and not always the "Gov". who really has much to do with all aspect of an economy- if its going good- it is their doing-- if it's bad it's the predecessors fault! -
I'm just saying people who complain get what they vote for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando