Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2014, 07:43 PM

47 posts, read 96,896 times

Advertisements

I hope this doesn't get removed I'm young so bear with me.

I used to to live in Boise Idaho I've live in Orlando for almost 1 year exactly I love it here in Orlando but the only thing I've missed about Boise is the romantic feel if that makes any sense, Boise had a lot of romantic scenic areas that would be perfect for a romantic walk. I still don't know the Orlando area too well, otherwise I don't miss Boise in fact I never want to leave Orlando theirs a lot of young people here which I'm happy about in fact Orlando has made the front page news on MSN as one of the top most popular cities with young adults in the country.

Anyways. Any romantic areas in Orlando I can take a girl for a romantic walk? Suggestions please? I'm looking for places that will set the romantic mood. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 10:17 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,513,149 times
Lake Eola, downtown Winter Park, Thornton Park (residential streets), Leu Gardens.. There are a ton of little lakes all over downtown Orlando and most seem to have little parks nearby.

If you want to be more outdoors-y, there's a ton of natural springs and rivers around that usually have trails running along side them like Rock Springs, Wekiva Springs, and Blue Springs. If you want to head to the tourist corridor, Downtown Disney/Marketplace and the various hotels can be romantic too. You can walk between the Grand Floridian and Polynesian along Bay Lake.

Way further out, but Bok Tower Gardens and downtown Mt. Dora/along the boardwalk on Lake Dora are nice too.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:14 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
Lake Eola, downtown Winter Park, Thornton Park (residential streets), Leu Gardens.. There are a ton of little lakes all over downtown Orlando and most seem to have little parks nearby.

If you want to be more outdoors-y, there's a ton of natural springs and rivers around that usually have trails running along side them like Rock Springs, Wekiva Springs, and Blue Springs. If you want to head to the tourist corridor, Downtown Disney/Marketplace and the various hotels can be romantic too. You can walk between the Grand Floridian and Polynesian along Bay Lake.

Way further out, but Bok Tower Gardens and downtown Mt. Dora/along the boardwalk on Lake Dora are nice too.
I'd add Park ave too Maybe Craner's Roost too?

Old 10-20-2014, 05:40 AM

782 posts, read 1,369,536 times
If you do end up in the tourist district and want to expand a bit from walking, you could also take her on a carriage ride at Port Orleans or Fort Wilderness. Very romantic….

Old 10-20-2014, 08:58 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,343,504 times
If I was trying to impress a girl I'd take her to (other than what's already been suggested):

Sanford Riverwalk - very romantic and scenic at Sunset.
Downtown Mt. Dora - cute place, stuff girls like. You can also walk down to the shores of Lake Dora.
Downtown Tavares - they recently redid the lake shore area, nice as well.
Lake Ivanhoe - the other lake DT. For whatever reason I-4 traffic streaming by at night actually sets the mood. Also walk down to Ivanhoe village (this place works, trust me).
Lake Highland -secluded, but great view of Lake Highland Prep and the DT skyline. Quiet as well.
Monteverde Academy - the campus is at the top of a hill and just beautiful. From some points you might be able to see DT Orlando.
Bella Collina - pretty fabricated but still nice.
Downtown Winter Garden - nice but sometimes crowded.
Any of the beaches.
Lakeridge Winery - haven't been but heard it's romantic.
Leu Gardens

Old 10-20-2014, 09:16 AM

3,951 posts, read 5,078,986 times
Orange Blossom Trail.

Let yo' girls strut pay the BILLZ

Old 10-20-2014, 09:20 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aretilda View Post
I hope this doesn't get removed I'm young so bear with me.

I used to to live in Boise Idaho I've live in Orlando for almost 1 year exactly I love it here in Orlando but the only thing I've missed about Boise is the romantic feel if that makes any sense, Boise had a lot of romantic scenic areas that would be perfect for a romantic walk. I still don't know the Orlando area too well, otherwise I don't miss Boise in fact I never want to leave Orlando theirs a lot of young people here which I'm happy about in fact Orlando has made the front page news on MSN as one of the top most popular cities with young adults in the country.

Anyways. Any romantic areas in Orlando I can take a girl for a romantic walk? Suggestions please? I'm looking for places that will set the romantic mood. Thanks.

Find a park and walk or a rock garden, zoo, botanical garden, your own neighborhood.

The physical setting is not the entire part of "setting the romantic mood", you can be romantic in the middle of a bomb shelter surrounded by screaming banshees if you really want to.

Romance is your attitude and feelings "setting the mood", find a spot, hold her hand, go for a walk then have a conversation while you are walking, stop and buy her an ice cream, find a bench and sit for a while.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:10 PM

47 posts, read 96,896 times
Thanks.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:46 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
It's an hour drive (give or take) but Bok Tower is another lovely and very romantic place.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:34 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,679,653 times
Agree with most of the above, plus adding Blanchard Park, and surprisingly the UCF campus and arboretum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando