Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 12:16 PM

6 posts, read 8,569 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm thinking of setting up a small restaurant catering to beach goers. Which beach nearest Orlando is the busiest as in, which beach is the most popular with tons of restaurants/bars?

Last edited by PizzaBeer; 10-21-2014 at 01:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 12:35 PM

605 posts, read 712,378 times
There are no beaches in Orlando? Have you looked at a map?

Old 10-21-2014, 12:39 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaBeer View Post
Hi, I'm thinking of setting up a small restaurant catering to beach goers. Which beach in Orlando is the busiest as in, with beach is the most popular with tons of restaurants/bars?
I hate to break it to you, but your idea is already taken. Every restaurant on the beach is catered towards beach-goers. Also, Orlando is 2 hours away from the nearest beach.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:45 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
New Smyrna, Daytona and Cocoa beach are the most popular. As a result they already have a ton of restaurants in those areas so you may want to consider some of the less popular beaches. And no Orlando is not 2 hours away from the beach, I can get to the beach from my home in downtown Orlando in just about an hour.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:04 PM

6 posts, read 8,569 times
@Bellamouse, my question should have been NEAREST beach to (not in) Orlando.

@convextech, thanks, Captain Obvious! I guess there can't any more new restaurant concept ever, huh?

@Crane's Rooster, according to Google Maps, Cocoa beach is under 50 mins fron MCO, just got an email from my new property broker, she recommends New Smyrna and Daytona, so a REAL thanks to you for kind of confirming their recommedations.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:39 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Daytona is pretty overrun with bars and restaurants already, and is declining in popularity by the year.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:56 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaBeer View Post

@convextech, thanks, Captain Obvious! I guess there can't any more new restaurant concept ever, huh?
You're welcome.

And that is not a new restaurant concept; it's just a new owner in an older building doing the same tired beach-goer fare that sounds great during the summer but doesn't fly during the winter when no one is at the beach.

If you want a new concept restaurant, open up a restaurant somewhere based on vegetarian or vegan food. That's fairly high in demand everywhere.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:58 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,421,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
You're welcome.

And that is not a new restaurant concept; it's just a new owner in an older building doing the same tired beach-goer fare that sounds great during the summer but doesn't fly during the winter when no one is at the beach.

If you want a new concept restaurant, open up a restaurant somewhere based on vegetarian or vegan food. That's fairly high in demand everywhere.
I would go to a vegan place

I have no idea what your idea is, but we have a vegan restaurant here called Darbster (2 locations) that is pretty fabulous.

When I go to the beach areas what I usually find is fish and pizza, and then egg and bacon breakfasts. Even if you had a place with vegan wraps-something you can walk around with-I'm sure many would be grateful.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:29 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,791,155 times
Yea that idea is pretty common here so yea maybe look towards St. Augustine area or something or just change the concept of your restaurant.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:25 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
I'm not so sure setting up Orlando as the center of your universe is the wisest choice. It has one of the lowest levels of disposable income by population of major US cities, and tourists for the most part aren't incorporating the beach into their trips to Mickey World as Florida vacationers tend to be either/or in that department. Volusia County (Daytona Beach and New Smyrna Beach) and Brevard County (Cocoa Beach and Melbourne Beach) aren't exactly overly thriving either and the couple of spots where that is the case are pretty much saturated with restaurants. The only examples I can think of to set yourself apart is the already suggested vegetarian/vegan example or my suggestion which would be a farm to table/organic concept which has been quite popular across most of the country and is just now starting to show up in Florida. Here's a good example that would fly well here:

Eat at Early Girl - Asheville's farm-to-table Southern comfort food experience
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando