Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 11:46 AM

626 posts, read 976,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I discriminate against a COMPANY that treats it's employees like slaves and with zero respect. Anyone who complains about WalMart and the way they treat/pay people and then shops there is talking out the side of their mouth and contributing to the problem. I'm part of the solution, not the problem because I shop at stores that treat employees with respect and offer decent pay and benefits--even if it costs me a few bucks more each week.

Read my post. you don't know anything about Walmart employees. You actually think Target and Ace and grocery markets are better? I don't think so and they don't offer the opportunities to become managers either. Walmart promotes from within.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 11:46 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
I was in Orlando for a four day weekend in November in town, away from the attractions area. Everywhere we went people were friendly, helpful and nice - with one exception. We made the mistake of going to the WalMart Neighborhood Market on 436 near the Airport, when we couldn't find the local Publix.

They were just downright rude, and extremely unfriendly. Like annerk, I haven't stepped foot in WalMart in over 10 years. My first trip to their Neighborhood Market concept was also my last.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:48 AM

626 posts, read 976,105 times
Quote:
You didn't give me an example. I'm not sure how you get "a million places."

I can buy pretty much everything I need on a weekly basis between the grocery store and Ace Hardware. Give me examples of things you buy each week that you can't get at one of those places.

Oh please, you can't buy nearly even close to as much in grocery stores and Ace and of course the prices are better at Walmart. I'm not a fool. I'm not a snob either when it comes to Walmart.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:06 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
WalMart sucks, and the people who shop there are pretty much the bottom of the barrel. Want nice people, shop at Millennia early on Saturday morning before the tourists show up.

Nothing friendly about ppl in the Millenia area either.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Is there a grocery store at Millenia that has certain items as cheap as Walmart ?
I dont encourage ppl to shop or even go to the millenia area unless you have to.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:12 PM

OP, you were in a Walmart in a crappy part of town. Millenia/I-Drive area is all a pile. So no surprise there at all.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:19 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
They pay the same as all the other supermarkets. The working conditions? I think they stopped using the bull whips and water tortures years ago. Wal Mart is the largest employer in the US. They must be doing something right. Snobs make comments like yours.
You're dreaming if you think they pay the same as the other supermarkets. Additionally most other grocery stores (Publix, Whole Foods, BJ's) offer affordable health insurance to part time employees who average 20+ hours a week plus 401K and ESOP's. most people who work at WalMart do so because WalMart has destroyed the other jobs in their area by using loss leader pricing until they put all competitors out of business.

Last edited by annerk; 01-17-2015 at 12:27 PM..

Old 01-17-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovfl View Post
Walmart contributes to it's employees 401K even the part-timers! They offer health insurance and the same wages as Target, Ace Hardware, etc. but one other nice thing is 70% of their employees go on to be managers and they can transfer to any part of the country they want to.
Total BS. Most of their managers come in from the outside. They purposely keep employees from having enough hours to be able to get benefits and pay minimum wage.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Read my post. you don't know anything about Walmart employees. You actually think Target and Ace and grocery markets are better? I don't think so and they don't offer the opportunities to become managers either. Walmart promotes from within.
I KNOW that my local ACE pays minimum $10 an hour and offers benefits. I try to avoid Target as well, although they aren't as predatory in their business practices.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Oh please, you can't buy nearly even close to as much in grocery stores and Ace and of course the prices are better at Walmart. I'm not a fool. I'm not a snob either when it comes to Walmart.
Again, what do you buy every week that you can't get at one or the other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando