Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 07:52 PM

21 posts, read 25,251 times

Advertisements

Hello! Thanks for looking all

My family and I are moving from Puerto Rico to the Orlando area. I've been looking for houses and apartments and we decided that an apartment was the way to go because the process it's "easier". My parents have never rented because they own our house, I on the other hand have rented in Texas and have good rental history for the short time I was there (2 years). We're planning on renting NEXT WEEK which I know it's crazy but I've been looking for months now and just found this amazing forum Anyways, today I finally decided to apply for an apartment complex which we liked a lot in the Orlando area close to Alafaya. To my surprise we weren't automatically approved and she couldn't tell my why which I found strange, I'm suppose to call her tomorrow again. We have enough income to rent and neither of us is a criminal. Credit wise, is not perfect but is good. I've been trying to find houses directly with the owner but it's been impossible. I just need help on what to do or where to look or where to live we were looking at the Oviedo area but liked this apartments better. We just don't want to apply to other places and get rejected and then that will look bad on our credit.

Sorry for the long post guys and thanks in advance

Last edited by RicanGrl; 01-26-2015 at 08:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 08:14 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
It's possible that what you think you can afford and what the landlord thinks you can afford aren't the same number. Also if you are using projected earned income but don't have jobs, no one is going to rent to you.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:16 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Have you checked housing on craigslist.com? That's where most private landlords advertise, just make sure it isn't a scam. Never share important information through e-mail or phone.

You might have been denied because of a short credit history in the United States along with projected earnings, instead of verifiable past two year tax returns.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
It's possible that what you think you can afford and what the landlord thinks you can afford aren't the same number. Also if you are using projected earned income but don't have jobs, no one is going to rent to you.
I totally understand that and you're right. We are not using "projected earned income", we're have actual prove of income since both of my parents are retired.

Thank you anyways.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Have you checked housing on craigslist.com? That's where most private landlords advertise, just make sure it isn't a scam. Never share important information through e-mail or phone.

You might have been denied because of a short credit history in the United States along with projected earnings, instead of verifiable past two year tax returns.
Thanks for replying

I have check CL but haven't find any private landlords, at least in the good areas.

We have prove of income and not projected income, thank you for your recommendations

Old 01-27-2015, 06:13 AM

15 posts, read 31,762 times
You can check Avalon park, it is the BEST neighbor for Puerto Ricans in Orlando. Its nice affordable and my negighbors get section 8 housing also, not townhouse but house.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:25 AM

17,202 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicanGrl View Post
Thanks for replying

I have check CL but haven't find any private landlords, at least in the good areas.

We have prove of income and not projected income, thank you for your recommendations
I found several nice condos from private owners on Craigslist. Off the top of my head, one is in Altamonte for about $950/month, and one is in Lake Mary.
Also found one in Winter Park...

Old 01-27-2015, 11:06 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyoricanpapi View Post
You can check Avalon park, it is the BEST neighbor for Puerto Ricans in Orlando. Its nice affordable and my negighbors get section 8 housing also, not townhouse but house.

Wow, thats interesting!

Old 01-27-2015, 11:09 AM

17,202 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyoricanpapi View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but in what way is that a good thing?

Old 01-27-2015, 12:30 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
AP has also been going downhill for quite some time now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando