Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 05:36 PM

3 posts, read 4,104 times

Advertisements

Hi my family and I are relocating. My husband just accepted a job in Orlando, FL. zip code he will be working in is 32826. We have small children just wondering where is a safe, family friendly place to live near his work? Also with nice good schools too? He is willing to commute. Someone told me to look at Oviedo. Also was told Avalon Park in Orlando is nice?
Also I found some nice homes The Wedgefield community zip code 32833. Are schools in that area nice? Is it safe? Please I would appreciate any feedback!!!! Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 06:33 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,791,155 times
Seminole County in general has some of the best schools in the Orlando Metro area but yes Oveido, Longwood, Winter Springs, Altamonte Springs, Lake Mary, Casselberry, Maitland, Winter Park are all options.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:20 PM

38 posts, read 52,088 times
Wedgefield is way out there IMO. It is a suburban style housing development surrounded by an otherwise rural area. Basically a bunch of houses in the middle of nowhere. I think it is pretty safe out there but also distanced from many things. If you want more traditional suburbia with more conveniences I would go with Oviedo. Avalon Park is also a little out of the way but at least they have something there besides houses.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:36 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
I too would recommend the Seminole County option for the best schools and more family-friendly vibe. The 417 makes for an easy commute to/from the area your husband will be working in. The Oviedo/Winter Springs area would be the closest to work and would point you toward the well-established (and beautiful) Tuscawilla neighborhood in Winter Springs if it fits your housing budget.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:27 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Avalon Park would NOT be my first, second, or third choice.

Oveido, Tuscawilla, Winter Springs, and Heathrow--particularly Markham Woods would be my best advice.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:26 AM

148 posts, read 339,703 times
Oviedo would be adjacent to where your husband will be working. The rest of Seminole County is a pretty solid choice even as far out as Lake Mary ( as long as you don't mind paying the tolls on the 417). Keep in mind that rush hour traffic toward that UCF/Research Park area will be killer no matter where you live.

Wedgefield IMO is not in the best school district ( Corner Lakes, East River High), I've known a few people that moved out there to get a relative bargain on larger homes with acreage. Also, I wouldn't consider Avalon Park either due to congestion from all other surrounding areas and a rising crime rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando