Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 08:15 AM

51 posts, read 110,671 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if you guys could recommend any apartments within 15 minutes of downtown that are nice? I am looking for something around $800-900/month or less. I found a complex called Solis at Winter Park that seems half decent. Does anyone know anything about it or the area?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 08:24 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
I would avoid Solis which is basically a student complex for those attending Full Sail or UCF and the area in general has a fairly high crime rate (Goldenrod). I think you would be better off looking for apartments just north, east or south of downtown that are in better neighborhoods and similarly priced. Craigslist can be a good source and usually blatantly obvious with the few random "fake ads".

Old 03-20-2015, 08:56 AM

Thanks for the info. I will check craigslist.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:23 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,432,117 times
Here are a few options within and near Downtown Orlando:

Camden - Camden Orange Court
Uptown Place - Uptown Place Apartments Orlando Florida
Skyhouse - Skyhouse® Orlando | Luxury Apartments in Orlando FL Skyhouse® Orlando | Home
55W - Apartments in Orlando, FL | Downtown Orlando Apartments | 55 West
Baldwin Park - Baldwin Park | Apartments | Orlando, FL (Outside of downtown)
CityView - City View at Hughes Square in Orlando, FL - Orlando, Florida Apartment Rentals (Just a note: Neighborhood is going through gentrification)

In addition to the above, there are also a lot of realtors and individual condo owners that rent out condos in the area.

Best of luck!

Old 03-20-2015, 11:58 AM

Does anyone know anything about the condos in Park Central? They look real nice and are not very expensive

Old 03-20-2015, 12:06 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,511,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin8868 View Post
Does anyone know anything about the condos in Park Central? They look real nice and are not very expensive
Those are in a really bad part of town.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:52 PM

82 posts, read 154,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post
Here are a few options within and near Downtown Orlando:

Camden - Camden Orange Court
Uptown Place - Uptown Place Apartments Orlando Florida
Skyhouse - Skyhouse® Orlando | Luxury Apartments in Orlando FL Skyhouse® Orlando | Home
55W - Apartments in Orlando, FL | Downtown Orlando Apartments | 55 West
Baldwin Park - Baldwin Park | Apartments | Orlando, FL (Outside of downtown)
CityView - City View at Hughes Square in Orlando, FL - Orlando, Florida Apartment Rentals (Just a note: Neighborhood is going through gentrification)

In addition to the above, there are also a lot of realtors and individual condo owners that rent out condos in the area.

Best of luck!
These places are really nice, but they are going to cost a lot more than the OP wanted to spend. I would also recommend looking at craigslist, Hotpads, and Zillow to see if there are any private apartments/condos available, possibly in areas like Colonialtown or the milk district (32803, between Colonial and the 408), or near SODO (south of downtown) areas like Conway, Bumby, or Curry Ford roads (32806 and 32812). My sister lives at the Metro at Michigan Park condos (she pays $850 for a pretty nice and spacious 2 bedroom), and I see on Hotpads they have some available for $700 - $900. This is not the fanciest area of Orlando, but it is fairly safe and central.

The rents in Orlando have skyrocketed over the past 1 - 2 years, especially anywhere even remotely desirable, so it has become very difficult to find anything under $1000 a month. I think the problem is that anyone who was renting anything affordable is staying put, as they cannot afford to pay more to move into anything equitable, so the supply is very limited in your price range. Good luck....

Old 11-15-2015, 05:34 PM

2 posts, read 1,691 times
Do you all know of any apartments near full sail that are safe?

Old 11-18-2015, 05:35 AM

2 posts, read 1,842 times
Thank you for sharing the information. I was really helped. keep on sharing.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: