Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 08:13 AM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times

Advertisements

When I went to the Magic game a few months ago, I loved where I sat. It was on the second level but I had a great view and loved the section of the arena. I did notice, though, that I paid about 60 bucks for what is a $25 seat.

I was wondering if anyone on here has season tickets? I can definitely pay the upfront cost, but I was curious if it would be worth it. I'm not sure how many games I'll actually be able to go to, but I'll definitely go to more than a couple. I know that nowadays it's pretty common for people to buy season tickets and then use StubHub for the games they aren't going to. I was thinking of doing that, but also not sure how the demand is for Magic tickets and if I'd end up losing money for the games I don't go to.

Definitely not interested in paying super-marked up prices for the games I do go to. I also noticed that season ticket holders get discounts on concession, that's something cool I hadn't seen much of before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 09:48 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
I no longer have season tix but suggest you look into the partial season ticket plans. There's some that are 4 game plans and others that are 10 games or half season. I personally think the tickets are still worth the price, although the team hasn't been as competitive lately, they are still the only show in town for much of the year. The tickets are generally easy to resell or you can make some friends by giving them away. However I would recommend you try for lower bowl seats, there are reasonably priced tickets in the corners and behind the rims.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
I no longer have season tix but suggest you look into the partial season ticket plans. There's some that are 4 game plans and others that are 10 games or half season. I personally think the tickets are still worth the price, although the team hasn't been as competitive lately, they are still the only show in town for much of the year. The tickets are generally easy to resell or you can make some friends by giving them away. However I would recommend you try for lower bowl seats, there are reasonably priced tickets in the corners and behind the rims.
For reference, I sat in section 206. I thought it was a pretty good place to sit.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:39 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Sometimes you can seats in Sect. 111A, 110A, 109A, 118, 101 and 102 for the same prices as lower aisle seats in the 200 sections. These ticket resell much easier, basically anytime you can say "lower bowl" you have a better chance of selling or getting a better price.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Sometimes you can seats in Sect. 111A, 110A, 109A, 118, 101 and 102 for the same prices as lower aisle seats in the 200 sections. These ticket resell much easier, basically anytime you can say "lower bowl" you have a better chance of selling or getting a better price.
Thanks. I noticed that very few sections are available right now, maybe more will open up later in the summer.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:15 PM

5,025 posts, read 5,674,034 times
I did, but am no longer renewing because A) we were rubbed the wrong way by tripling ticket prices for our seats after this past season, and B) just too much uncertainty about where I will wind up career location wise, whether I'll still even be in Florida at that time. I second the thought on looking for partial plans.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelander1991 View Post
I did, but am no longer renewing because A) we were rubbed the wrong way by tripling ticket prices for our seats after this past season, and B) just too much uncertainty about where I will wind up career location wise, whether I'll still even be in Florida at that time. I second the thought on looking for partial plans.
Really, ticket prices tripled? Sounds crazy. Yeah clevelander, I know you have been in Tampa a lot lately. Definitely got to go where the career does.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:27 PM

25 posts, read 39,447 times
I agree with someone who mentioned above...partial ticket plans. Or, if you have some friends who are interested, go in as a group and divide the tickets up evenly.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerJohnny View Post
I agree with someone who mentioned above...partial ticket plans. Or, if you have some friends who are interested, go in as a group and divide the tickets up evenly.
Any idea how the partial ticket plans work? I assume they put those up for sale closer to the beginning of the season. At this point I'm just waiting to see what other sections/tickets become available during the summer before committing to the season tickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: